VistaForums SysInfo Tool

VistaForums SysInfo Tool

Post Bugs, Feature Requests or comments here!

information   Information

Designed to help you find Information about your system and enable other users to identify problems and help you quicker!

32bit & 64bit

Version 1.21
download

Created by: Shao128

Attachments

• VistaForums SysInfo.exe
    415 KB · Views: 13,636
  • thumb_MMC.png
    thumb_MMC.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 379
Last edited by a moderator:
Once you have downloaded it all you need to do is double click on the .exe and the splash screen should come up.

+

I have one Vista computer and one XP. It would be cool if you could implement some kind of WEI rip-off for XP.

A 'deselect all' button would be good cause once you select all you have to go one by one to deselect...

Very good little program.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Build
    CPU
    E6750 @ 3.6GHz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte P35 DS3
    Memory
    4GB 8500C5D
    Graphics Card(s)
    POV GTX285
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" Widescreen LG
    Screen Resolution
    1400x900
    Hard Drives
    2 x WD 500G
    PSU
    Coolermaster Silent Pro 700M
    Case
    Antec 900
    Cooling
    Tuniq Tower 120 LFB
    Keyboard
    Logitech EX110
    Mouse
    Logitech MX400
    Other Info
    Graphics Driver - 190.38
nice app guys love it

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    me
    CPU
    intel Q6600 @3.0Ghz
    Motherboard
    gigabyte EP35C DS3R
    Memory
    8 GB OCZ 1066 HPC REAPER
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sapphire 4870 HD 1024mb gddr5
    Monitor(s) Displays
    lg flatron 20.1
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    western digital 350gb
    samsung spinpoint 120gb
    PSU
    900w
    Case
    thermaltake aguila
    Cooling
    2x 120mm 2x 10cm
Very well done! It is obvious a lot of work went into this and it really shows. Thanks for all of your time Shao128 & dmex.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    [email protected]
    Motherboard
    ASUS Maximus II Formula Bios 701
    Memory
    OCZ DDR2 1066 2x2gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX GTX 280
    Sound Card
    Audigy2
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" Dell
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    Velociraptor 300 , Raptor 74
    PSU
    PC P+C 750
    Case
    Lian Li
    Cooling
    liquid
    Keyboard
    Benq
    Mouse
    Copperhead
    Internet Speed
    5k down, 600 up
    Other Info
    Monsoon 4.1 spkrs, Medusa 5.1 Headphones
All very well for all the grande-neurons, grosse-technos, gurus and geeks to wax lyrical in singing the praises of this 'Best Western', but to a silly old fart with limited experience and fast diminishing neuron storage, in simplistic terms, please write on the board;
What does this do?
How does it do it?
How do I get to do it too?
Is it a simple self-help tool that gives simple remedial answers to help me organice and stabilise my Notebook?

Toodle-pip.

If at first you don't succeed.........., you ain't eatin' an' a'slurpin' on watermelon!!!!! [mine, but you can use it.....you saw it here first,folks!]

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire Notebook 5633WLMi.[5630 Series]
    CPU
    Intel Centrino Duo Processor - Intel Core 2 CPU.
    Memory
    4GB DDR2 [3.07GB maximum real available]
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce Go 7300, 128MB
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio, Ver. 6.0.1.5717, 2.08MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer Aspire Notebook - 15.4"; Acer LCD Monitor X223Wsd - 22".
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800x60Hertz [max.]
    Hard Drives
    Notebook - Samsung HM320JI 320GB HD installed 07 August 2009.
    External HDs [4];Maxtor One Touch4 - 500GB External HD [Drive M:\].Western Digital WDXMS1200TA - 120GB External HD [Drive G:\ - Windows Defender Backup Files only]. Two x LaCie 320GB Mobi
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless V320 for Notebooks - Model M/N: M-RCD125
    Internet Speed
    Down 20000kb/sec / Up 1000kb/sec [Bigpond-Aus]
    Other Info
    Brother MFC-465CN; PC to Fax/Scan/Copy/Photo MFC. Epson Perfection V300 Photo Scanner. Siemens Speedstream 6520 Router. Wacom 'Bamboo Fun' CTE-650 PC Tablet, Stylus and Mouse. UAC - On;Activated. Browsers; [1] FireFox v3.6[2] IE8. Honorary R.S.M. to the 4th [Assault Pioneer] Troop Pune Sepoys , and 3rd Troop Jodhpur Bengali Lancers.
I have one Vista computer and one XP. It would be cool if you could implement some kind of WEI rip-off for XP.

A 'deselect all' button would be good cause once you select all you have to go one by one to deselect...

Very good little program.

Deselect all has been added ;)

Were not really supporting XP :o If we where to make a WEI style system for XP, It would require designing benchmarks, testing on every machine to collect a basemark and also collect results on each component.....maybe a bit later ;)

All very well for all the grande-neurons, grosse-technos, gurus and geeks to wax lyrical in singing the praises of this 'Best Western', but to a silly old fart with limited experience and fast diminishing neuron storage, in simplistic terms, please write on the board;
What does this do?
How does it do it?
How do I get to do it too?
Is it a simple self-help tool that gives simple remedial answers to help me organice and stabilise my Notebook?

-What does this do?
Shows your complete PC Infomation ;)

-How does it do it?
It Reads/Extracts then parses infomation from various Microsoft APIs or the device/compoent itself :geek:

-How do I get to do it too?
You can click the tickbox then click the Vista Orb (startmenu) to begin :)

Cheers for the support guys, There will be an update soon ;)

My Computer

-What does this do?
Shows your complete PC Infomation ;)

-How does it do it?
It Reads/Extracts then parses infomation from various Microsoft APIs or the device/compoent itself :geek:

-How do I get to do it too?
You can click the tickbox then click the Vista Orb (startmenu) to begin :)

Cheers for the support guys, There will be an update soon ;)

Thank-you Dmex for your reply which the silly old fart kind of understood. Must warn that you're dealing with the lowest common denominator [minus] here. As I read it, this tool summarises all the component bits and functions of a PC, and brings all that information, eg; processor details, HDD, Graphics Driver MB capacity etc. etc. together in one location....so, how does that assist, and what function is subsequently performed, and how?

Is it possible to save the download to the desktop, to then run it from there, or should it just be run from the download file? Is it also possible to file this in a download folder? I ask because a quick "try" [without finishing download], showed me that it was destined for a 'something-or-other' system32 folder. Does this appear to be a correct destination, and is this part of the system displayed by clicking the Vista Orb?

Sorry to trouble you, but comments from other 'guru' Forum members indicate complete agreement and give ample plaudits on its creation and functions....so it must be a great tool. That said, I too would like to learn and understand more about my system, and get to use it. Please advise.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800x60Hertz [max.]
    Hard Drives
    External HDs [4];Maxtor One Touch4 - 500GB External HD [Drive M:\].Western Digital WDXMS1200TA - 120GB External HD [Drive G:\ - Windows Defender Backup Files only]. Two x LaCie 320GB Mobi
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
    Brother MFC-465CN; PC to Fax/Scan/Copy/Photo MFC. Epson Perfection V300 Photo Scanner. Siemens Speedstream 6520 Router. Wacom 'Bamboo Fun' CTE-650 PC Tablet, Stylus and Mouse. UAC - On;Activated. Browsers; [1] FireFox v3.6[2] IE8. Honorary R.S.M. to the 4th [Assault Pioneer] Troop Pune Sepoys , and 3rd Troop Jodhpur Bengali Lancers.
Thank you .. its great and so are you guys :cool:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Compaq-Presario Model: KQ318AA-ABU SR5414UK
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 960 x 4294967296 colors
Nice and very Usefull Tool !!! Gratz

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Xps M1530
    CPU
    Intel Mobile Core Duo T7250 @ 2,00Ghz
    Motherboard
    Dell Inc 0xR509
    Memory
    DDR 2 Dual Chanel 2 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS 128 mb
    Hard Drives
    ST9160821AS 149 gb
    Internet Speed
    24/1 mb but actual speed is lower
Thanks Guys :cool:

Just wait for the next release ;)

G'Day dmex,

Just wanted to say that things have progressed remarkably since joining this Forum, and posting my first questions on this tool to you. I'm now a silly, but considerably more enlightened, old fart.

Your tool is a remarkable resource that I have found to be extremely useful in all sorts of situations, and that I now try to encourage each new Forum Member to add to their PC or Laptop, to assist with preparation of their 'My System Specs' data.

Thank-you.

Cheers. sassofalco

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800x60Hertz [max.]
    Hard Drives
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
Thank You Very Much for this handy tool:)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway/GM5664
    CPU
    AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard
    X86-based PC
    Memory
    3 GB DDR2 Dual-Channel
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI® Radeon™ HD 2400XT (0x94C1)
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio, Ver. 6.0.1.5506
    Monitor(s) Displays
    20.5" HDMI Display from Gateway
    Screen Resolution
    1680 x 1050 x 4294967296 colors
    Hard Drives
    WDC WD50 00AAKS-00YGA SCSI Disk Device 466GB (Quantity: 2)
    Keyboard
    Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Mircrosoft USB wheel mouse optical
    Internet Speed
    1490/408
Looks as if it would be great but it does not scale down to my Netbooks screen size of 1200x600. I tried to resize it but it will not let me do it. Guess I am just SOL on using this tool:cry:.
I will not put the netbook onto a VGA screen because every time I do I have to spend 3 hours making vista want to use my netbook's screen.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire One A150
    CPU
    Intel Atom N270 1.60GHz
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    1GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Not know
    Screen Resolution
    1200X600
    Hard Drives
    WDC WD1600BEVT-22ZCT0 160 GB
    PSU
    Not know
    Case
    Netbook
    Cooling
    case fan
    Internet Speed
    10Mb
Awesome program thanks!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion/ A6600F
    CPU
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 2.20 GHz
    Memory
    2940 Megabytes
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GEForce 7100/ NVIDIA nForce 630i
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 900
    Hard Drives
    320 Gigabytes
It appears,, and I am not willing to test it again, but this tool will get users for an entire domain. Not just local users. this should be fixed or looked at.

and I think it should olny pull local users,,, not an entire active directory domain users OU.

Unfortunately, as I am not willing to run it again, I can not confirm that this is what it was doing,, but from the data I was seeing before I had to kill it, it appears to have been pull all users from the domain I am on.

My Computer

It appears,, and I am not willing to test it again, but this tool will get users for an entire domain. Not just local users. this should be fixed or looked at.

and I think it should olny pull local users,,, not an entire active directory domain users OU.

Unfortunately, as I am not willing to run it again, I can not confirm that this is what it was doing,, but from the data I was seeing before I had to kill it, it appears to have been pull all users from the domain I am on.

Tepid,

I checked the code, It uses a WMI query Win32_UserAccount and its set to call the local machine, Unless you where running Sysinfo on the Domain Controller I dont see how it was able to query a large amount of users without knowing the address of your Server :confused:

Im going to need a screenshot or repro steps before I can assertain theres something that needs fixing :huh:

Steven

My Computer

Hmmm,,,, no, not on the domain controller.

Since it is not my domain, I'm not sure I want to run it again.

What I can tell you, is I have checked my system and it was reimaged before given to me and I am the only user, I saw a whole lot of names that would not have been associated to this PC, I should have kept what I had for further diags.

Besides the default profiles, there are only 3 and 2 of them are mine.
Besides the default users, there are only a couple others, and those I did not see in the list.

When I started it, I went to do something else, when I came back it was still running and pulling names that I had not seen before. Not the windows default users on the PC or mine or the couple extras.

Now, i could be wrong, but from what I had seen, it threw a red flag in my mind and i killed it. Thought I should report it.

Could be the way we are setup, but I would not be familiar with how or why.
I only want to report what I had seen incase this is an issue that no one else has seen yet.

The only other thing I can think of,,, I do have XP Admin pack installed with XP AD Console up and running. Could it be reading this as a local copy of users?

My Computer

great tool. Keep up the good work. It would of taken downloading multiple programs to find this info. Really speeds up my time to fix computers. thanks

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba P305D
    CPU
    AMD Turion X2 64 2.00Ghz
    Memory
    4gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon
    Hard Drives
    250 gig
    Internet Speed
    768kb Cable
Completely amazing tool! I found out more about my computer in 5 minutes than I would've been able to in an afternoon of poking around. Brilliant job!

My Computer

Back