Solved While instalation Windows Vista 64bit ,required CD/DVD drive device driver missing,

jaroslavpirkl

Because I couldn't get properly running some games like FFOW on my Windows 7 (not compatible) I decided to buy 64bit Vista Ultimate.
But while installation ,required CD/DVD drive device driver missing, message was shown.
I looked at some forums and found was problem also somewhere else for some other people...
I tried couple of things whitch didn't work for me but luckily I found a solution.
Here it is:

Thats what worked for me.
cool.gif

In BIOS setting (while start up press F2) at Advanced Tab there is a SATA Operation:AHCI (not RAID but I don't know, even RAID maight work) and SATA AHCI Mode: I changed from Legacy AHCI to Native AHCI.

As described at Item Specific Help Tab: Native AHCI will load option ROM, but legacy will not.

Before while instalation Wista Ultimate 64 bit on my Alienware x17 aftere while was message shown:

During install "required CD/DVD drive device driver missing"

After changing SATA AHCI mode in BIOS to Native AHCI while setup was soon shown field requiere serial number...GREAT!!!

When instaling I manually reboot couple of times when just black screen with blinking cursor was shown (and nothing was happening...)

Now my Vista 64 bit is fully intaled, thanks to all guys at forums to let me thing and inspired me to find (with a bit of good luck) solution.

I had similar problem like many of you, wish you good luck to make your system working (if you need to):sarc:

Jarek

Last edited by a moderator:

My Computer

Re: While instalation Windows Vista 64bit ,required CD/DVD drive device driver missin

Thank you for sharing the solution and I'm glad that you have fixed the problem :)

Tom

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Build #1
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 3770K @4.4GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
    Memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz Low Profile (White)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 (2GB GDDR5)
    Sound Card
    Integrated on motherboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" LG LCD/LED IPS
    Screen Resolution
    1920*1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung EVO 128GB SSD
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm
    2x500GB Seagate FreeAgent 5400rpm