windows vista, how to integrate usb 3.0/sata/nvme drivers?

darksonny07

Hello all
Im getting nostalgic with this great os (sadly very hated for many people ...until sp2) and I was trying to install it in another old ssd stored in a drawer, does not recognize usb 3 ports (for keyboard and mice) nor latest hdd disk drivers like nvme. Is there out any soft that could integrate these drivers to get vista installed in my rig? is this possible nowadays?

Thanks in advance
Darksonny

Vistaar

Vista Guru
Welcome to Vista Forums darksonny07. As you have found, there are many obstacles to running Vista on modern hardware. First of all, what processor does your rig have? Vista generally won't run properly on Intel processors with Haswell or newer microarchitecture: it needs Ivy Bridge or earlier (see Compatible hardware with Windows Vista).

darksonny07

Hi dude
Thanks for your nice reception :)
This is my rig under win 7 enterprise x64 summoned in this picture
Sin-título-1.png

mmm it seems mine is not compatible? Oh, thats....what if I try something similar to the wufuc fix for win 7/8? I cannot find anything like this

Vistaar

Vista Guru
As I feared, your Intel Core i7-4790K processor has Haswell microarchitecture, so Windows 7 is probably the oldest OS that will run properly on it. If you're getting nostalgic for Vista, better find some older hardware. Vista wasn't really all that different from Windows 7, but one very big difference you should be aware of involves software support. With Windows 7, you can use any browser or antivirus you like (at least for now). With Vista, you could only use legacy versions of browsers such as Chrome 49 or Firefox 52, and Vista No Longer Supported by Most Security Software.

darksonny07

Ok then, thanks for the info, what a pity....And what if I try to mount it with vmware and then convert it as vhd to install as a normal hdd?