ATI Crossfire Info

Mine only shows 2 cards in device manager. You should be fine there.

Thks for your quick response, than I can eliminate the possibility of wrong hardware Installation.

Great! Stays my 8GB RAM , these are 4 sticks of 2GB each dual channel, if my problem with 4 sticks in place on MoBo will still give me BSoD after I have a chance to Install the ATI Hotfix do you think I could just keep 3 sticks to get 6GB RAM or I will be forced to low at 4GB?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q6600
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5K-E Wifi
    Memory
    8gb OZC
    Graphics Card(s)
    2: MSI HD 2600XT
    Hard Drives
    Maxtor Sata 160gb
    Western Digital Sata 500gb
PaxeSalute
First thing first...
Try with the hotfix,then we will see.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built by me.
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4
    Memory
    KINGSTON HYPERX DDR2 4GB (2X2GB) PC6400 800MHZ DUAL CHANNEL KIT
    Graphics Card(s)
    SAPPHIRE RADEON HD4890 OC 1GB GDDR5
    Sound Card
    2/4/5.1/7.1-channel Realtek High Definition
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung LE40A656F1 1080p 100Hz LCD HD TV 50,000:1
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768 in Desktop,1920x1080p in gaming and video
    Hard Drives
    C:\WD VelociRaptor 150 GB,10,000 RPM
    D:\WESTERN DIGITAL WD15EADS 1.5TB CAVIAR GREEN SATA2 E:\WESTERN DIGITAL WD15EADS 1.5TB CAVIAR GREEN SATA2 No Raid.Copy Paste Is The Safest Way.
    PSU
    Seasonic 700W 80plus
    Case
    A-Case Twin Engine BB
    Cooling
    3 thermaltake smart case fan II + 1 arctic cooling fan
    Keyboard
    Wireless Logitech LX710
    Mouse
    Wirelles Logitech Laser Mouse MX620
    Internet Speed
    ADSL 4000plus
    Other Info
    F:\Sony high speed sata Dvd Rewriter
    KINGSTON HYPER X FAN
    +Cordless Rumblepad 2
PaxeSalute
First thing first...

Sorry Panais, for asking ahead but I do not have much occasion to start up my PC Game so I'm trying to comtemplate several issues that could result in the process to be able to fix them at once and not have to switch off after few minutes and wait days to get back with a new solution and finally be able to use it.

And it's always good to get new knowledge on trouble-shooting, hey who knows one day I could help somebody on some forums!!

Sorry again.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q6600
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5K-E Wifi
    Memory
    8gb OZC
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    Maxtor Sata 160gb
Mine only shows 2 cards in device manager. You should be fine there.

Yeah me too. But When I boot up in XP I "Think" it shows 4. But I hardly EVER boot to XP. :p

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    RJ's Toyz/HOTROD
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Extreme Q9650 @ 3.8GHz
    Motherboard
    DFI LanParty UT P45-T2RS
    Memory
    G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB)
    Graphics Card(s)
    VisionTek Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB w/AC Accelero XTREME cooler
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster Audidy2 ZS w/ Fatal1ty I/O panel
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" and 22" Acer LCDs
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 / 1680 x 1050
    Hard Drives
    2TB (2 X 1TB) SATA Seagate Barracudas
    PSU
    PC Power & Cooling 1200W
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF932
    Cooling
    VIGOR GAMING CLT-M2I 92mm TE CPU Cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15 Gamer
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 @28grams
    Internet Speed
    very very very slow
    Other Info
    3DMARK06 = 23114
PaxeSalute
First thing first...

Thank you very much PANAIS, for the Hotfix, I had some trouble to get reed of the installed Catalyst and at the end because I wanted to sweep all trace of any old driver, I disable my Video Cards because I did not want vista to recognize them at start up and install anything else than the hotfix, but on installation Catalyst was not finding any hardware.
Anyway I made a Boot from last Good Configuration. did not work either, so I decided to install directly the HotFix and oooh1 surprise this is a full version of Catalyst, so I did not have to reinstall my v8.3 to patch the hotFix.

Only thing different is that in catalyst of this HotFix you gave me, the frame with the pictures that you can see inmediatly any change you do to configuarte AA or anything else are not there. Just have Blank space instead. But I am so happy now that everything since yesterday and after few hours on COD4 is working.

THKS again

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q6600
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5K-E Wifi
    Memory
    8gb OZC
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    Maxtor Sata 160gb
PaxeSalute
You are welcome!
Advice...
First try to uninstall everything then install 8.3 with hotfix for better results.
1)Dont disable the cards.
2)(Try to uninstall drivers through control panel/device manager/Display adapters/Uninstall<<add tick on Delete the driver software for this device>>...restart)
3)Install 3.8 with hotfix and you will see what i mean better results.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built by me.
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    D:\WESTERN DIGITAL WD15EADS 1.5TB CAVIAR GREEN SATA2 E:\WESTERN DIGITAL WD15EADS 1.5TB CAVIAR GREEN SATA2 No Raid.Copy Paste Is The Safest Way.
    PSU
    Seasonic 700W 80plus
    Case
    A-Case Twin Engine BB
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Wireless Logitech LX710
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    ADSL 4000plus
    Other Info
    KINGSTON HYPER X FAN
    +Cordless Rumblepad 2
PaxeSalute
You are welcome!
Advice...
First try to uninstall everything then install 8.3 with hotfix for better results.
1)Dont disable the cards.
2)(Try to uninstall drivers through control panel/device manager/Display adapters/Uninstall<<add tick on Delete the driver software for this device>>...restart)
3)Install 3.8 with hotfix and you will see what i mean better results.

Ok PANAIS, since now as I commented it's working except for the NO presence of possibility to see inmediate increase of better picture within Catalyst Hotfix, I not sure that I'd like to re-do the uninstall drivers again.
It really does not bother me to not have this gimmy in catalyst.

Anyway my major doubt for not doing it again it's that I could never stop Vista to reinstall the drivers inmediatly at startup, I do not now how to stop that, like that I could ensure to install only the one of the Hotfix. (That the reason I did disable the 2 entries for Video Adapter In Device Manager, wrong move!!! But what's done is done)

[Quote: 3)Install 3.8 with hotfix and you will see what i mean better results.[/quote]

Do you mean, Install the regular Last Catalyst 3.8 and once it's installed, install the hotfix?

Or as I did, only use the Hotfix you sent me?

Thks for your Help and your time

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q6600
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5K-E Wifi
    Memory
    8gb OZC
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    Maxtor Sata 160gb
Both.
Last Catalyst 3.8 and hotfix.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom Built by me.
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Seasonic 700W 80plus
    Case
    A-Case Twin Engine BB
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Wireless Logitech LX710
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    ADSL 4000plus
    Other Info
    KINGSTON HYPER X FAN
    +Cordless Rumblepad 2
Hey Guys,
I just read al the responses on CrossFire, but still nothing what i've been looking for. Maybe I didn't see the sollution on the question i'm going to ask now:
FightingScallion has 6Gb of Ram and Crossfire on his motherboard. But I thought that wasn't possible.
Fightingscallion, you've got almost the same configuration as I have. Exept that i've got 2 HD3870's and only 4Gb's of RAM and i've got no Creative soundcard.
How did you got your CrossFire working with 6 Gb's of Ram??

Thank you all,
Dave

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Athlon X2 6000+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2R32-MVP
    Memory
    4/6Gb DDR2-800
    Graphics Card(s)
    2x Asus Top EAH3870
    Hard Drives
    2x 500 Gb SATA2
Hey Guys,
I just read al the responses on CrossFire, but still nothing what i've been looking for. Maybe I didn't see the sollution on the question i'm going to ask now:
FightingScallion has 6Gb of Ram and Crossfire on his motherboard. But I thought that wasn't possible.
Fightingscallion, you've got almost the same configuration as I have. Exept that i've got 2 HD3870's and only 4Gb's of RAM and i've got no Creative soundcard.

Thank you all,
Dave

It started working for me with Service Pack 1 and (I think) Catalyst 8.2 (might have been 8.3). On 8.4 now, with no problems.

Something you might want to look for are chipset drivers. What's your complete set-up?

My Computer

My complete setup:
AMD Athlon X2 6000+ @ 3,3 Ghz
M2R32-MVP
2x Asus Top EAH3870 (CF) @ 851
2x2Gb of Ram + 2x1Gb of Ram DDR2-800 @825 Mhz
500 Gb Harddisk
And of course Vista x64 Ultimate
Vista was configured by vLite so the SP1 might not work.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Athlon X2 6000+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2R32-MVP
    Memory
    4/6Gb DDR2-800
    Graphics Card(s)
    2x Asus Top EAH3870
    Hard Drives
    2x 500 Gb SATA2
Okay...well, yeah, that might be the issue. What does the blue screen tell you when it crashes? Is it possible that this is an added instability due to your overclocking?

My Computer

Overclocking stays very stable.
But because of the heat, generated by my new EAH3870's i'm going to clock my cpu a bit lower.
I've got no information of the bluescreen because it was just a flash, and it was gone.
Also re-installed Vista x64 now, trying to install Adobe Master Collection CS3 (also a pain in the $#%.)

and again the overclocking, it also worked just as well without the 2 cards (had an MSI HD3870 OC) and 4Gb of ram. Because i had Vista 32 bits then, i only used my 2x2Gb banks.

Could it be that one of the updates in SP1 will allow you to have more than 4Gb with CrossFire? Or that there is a Vista patch involved.
I'm going to look if there will be a SP1 for the vLite versions.
Although i think this V Ultimate wasn't that modified.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Athlon X2 6000+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2R32-MVP
    Memory
    4/6Gb DDR2-800
    Graphics Card(s)
    2x Asus Top EAH3870
    Hard Drives
    2x 500 Gb SATA2
Hey Guys,

Thank you all,
Dave

Why shouldn't be working with 6gb? I've got 8gb and the first I install I could select Crossfire in CCC, actually the option was already active when I open CCC first time.

The problem I have now is that CCC does not open anymore, neither in Through explorar, nor Start program, nor Personalize from desktop, CCC is there but no way to open it.

"PANAIS" I tried install Driver & CCC 3.8 and after install the Hotfix did not work CCC does not open. So I saw en AMD support the new 8.4 for OS x64 published April 16th, 2008, but same problem CCC does not open.
What I found strange is that durion installation ATi Install manager mention installing on C:/ Program Files / ATI Technology but en reality at the end I can only find one text file cccutilx64.txt there, but in C:/ Program Files x86/ ATI Technology I have a bunch of directories and files installed there and this happen same with v3.8 and the hotfix. If the new Version 8.4 was made for x64, everything shoul;d go in System Files directory ???????

And now with COD4 abd only with this game (others work fine) after from 10 to 40 mn the game stop error window with and exception software appears for one second and after that screen black and monitor shows NO SIGNAL, always have to do a soft reset.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q6600
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5K-E Wifi
    Memory
    8gb OZC
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    Maxtor Sata 160gb
Nooo, we were talking about Vista x64 before the SP1, becauseI can't install that.
Your rig has Vista SP1, so you've got no problem at all. (At least no problem with 8Gb of ram)

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Athlon X2 6000+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2R32-MVP
    Memory
    4/6Gb DDR2-800
    Graphics Card(s)
    2x Asus Top EAH3870
    Hard Drives
    2x 500 Gb SATA2
My guess is that this was resolved with SP1. You could just plain be out of luck in this case.

I guess these might have guidance: vLite - Service Pack information
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update and is not offered by Automatic Updates

Also, vlite 1.1.6 beta mentions it can slipstream the service pack.

Yes, i'm aware of the information:)
My uncle is looking for a Vista Ultimate SP1 dvd.
He always gets the good stuff from the net when I can't find it.:p

Everybody thanks for the information, and with Vista U x64 bit running so good, i'll stick to this forum forever.

Dave

(Also I might have a sollution for Adobe Master Collection CS3 not installing on Windows Vista x64) Adobe Forums - Sollution Master Collection CS3

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Athlon X2 6000+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2R32-MVP
    Memory
    4/6Gb DDR2-800
    Graphics Card(s)
    2x Asus Top EAH3870
    Hard Drives
    2x 500 Gb SATA2
My guess is that this was resolved with SP1. You could just plain be out of luck in this case.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update and is not offered by Automatic Updates

DjDaaf
I think I downloaded when it was available the Vista x64 SP1
Windows6.0-KB936330-X64-wave0.exe
it's quite heavy 726MB, and i do not know how to make it available to download on web. If you are interested let me know how I could pass it to you.

Edit: Sorry I just realize that you have Vista Ultimate and I remember that there was another file to Download for ultimate version, due to the extra feature it has and are not on Home Premium version, so I do not think that my SP1 file will work for U.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Q6600
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5K-E Wifi
    Memory
    8gb OZC
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    Maxtor Sata 160gb

DjDaaf
I think I downloaded when it was available the Vista x64 SP1
Windows6.0-KB936330-X64-wave0.exe
it's quite heavy 726MB, and i do not know how to make it available to download on web. If you are interested let me know how I could pass it to you.

Edit: Sorry I just realize that you have Vista Ultimate and I remember that there was another file to Download for ultimate version, due to the extra feature it has and are not on Home Premium version, so I do not think that my SP1 file will work for U.

Yeah, I already tried to Install the SP1.
But thanks to vLite, it won't install.:mad:
Thanks anyways for your proposal:)

I'll now just have to wait for my new Vista U x64 SP1 dvd:p

Dave

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD Athlon X2 6000+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2R32-MVP
    Memory
    4/6Gb DDR2-800