I'm a gamer considering upgrading vista HoPr 32x to 64x.

hmm, now that is odd, that going to 64bit vista would cause a lot of problems.

I had various performance problems on 32bit xp, and ever since i finally made the choice to put 64bit vista back on my system, i haven't had no problems since.

My system is more stable on 64bit vista than it was on 32bit xp.

i notice that this is only with nvidia cards and i had a look at your specs and saw that you are running a ati card maybe ati does not have this isue and it might just be nvidia drivers on the 8000 sireies causing the problems.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HOME BREW
    CPU
    Core 2 E8500 3.16Ghz @ 4.05Ghz
    Motherboard
    EVGA NVIDIA NFORCE 750i SLI FTW
    Memory
    2x2Gb Patriot PC2-6400 LL
    Graphics Card(s)
    Inno3D GeForce GTX260 216 SP
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ASUS VW222U 22" 2ms Response time
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    SATA 150GB
    SATA II 250GB
    USB IDE 300GB Ext.
    PSU
    HYTEC 600W & Thermaltake Toughpower Power Express 650W
    Case
    Thermaltake Armor LCS (Liquid Cooling System)
    Cooling
    Liquid Cooling System
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Gaming Mouse
As I said in an earlier post – Everything runs rocks solid in XP with no issues ever.
The 100.65 drivers mentioned actually cause a blue screen on startup, there the worst of the bunch.

I’ve even gone as far as installing the viewsonic drivers for the display. This has zero effect. I even tried switching from DVI to VGA cables with no effect.
I suppose theres a couple things I haven’t tried…

1) upgrade bios on GPU and/or bios on motherboard. – Still bugs me though because XP plays it all great with no errors to speak of.

2) Is there anyway to not install the SP1 even though its integrated…. Probably not?

After my experience I would be amazed to see a computer run more stable on Vista than XP.

My Computer

Back