Impossible to install new Windows security Updates (error 800B0100 and 80246007)

Thanks. Did use Microsoft fix it to Reset HOSTS file.

Unfortunately I do not have VISTA DVD.

I'm off now till Monday. Thanks again for help and have a good week end.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Acer Aspire 5920G
Ok. I have downloaded and copied recovery CD. Then rebooted with recovery CD (by pressing F8 at start up). I clicked on repair my computer. It then asked me which country keyboard I used (I clicked UK). Then took me to another screen where I had to pick an account. I chose administrator. It asked me for a password. (I don't normally use a password so switched off an on again, created one and proceeded). When I typed my password for administrator, it said "your account has been disabled, please check with your administrator".

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Acer Aspire 5920G
Ok. I have downloaded and copied recovery CD. Then rebooted with recovery CD (by pressing F8 at start up). I clicked on repair my computer. It then asked me which country keyboard I used (I clicked UK). Then took me to another screen where I had to pick an account. I chose administrator. It asked me for a password. (I don't normally use a password so switched off an on again, created one and proceeded). When I typed my password for administrator, it said "your account has been disabled, please check with your administrator".
You are booting from Recovery Partition not from Vista Recovery Disk.Vista Recovery Disk behave like Vista DVD and it never ask you about account/password
If F8 key in your BIOS is for configuring boot option then press it should appear another menu with boot options where you choose boot from CD/DVD.Is F8 key described in your BIOS as "Boot menu" "Boot option" or likely ? Or you press F8 when system start and you choose system startup options (not BIOS boot options) and you boot to partition recovery?Are you sure you have set BIOS to boot from DVD?

My Computer

no sorry, I have not set BIOS to boot from DVD. How do I do this? Thanks again.
It depends from BIOS - each BIOS is different.When you run computer first appear BIOS screen usually on right up corner you have BIOS model and in down part of screen should appear information about keys which you can navigate to BIOS configuration.You have to read & act very quickly because BIOS screen appear only a moment and if you do nothing it quickly redirect to system startup.You can use function keys for BIOS only if BIOS screen is available.

If there is only one key then this key is to open BIOS configuration: press it and find there boot configuration and set rule CD-ROM,C,A

If there are two keys one is for genaral BIOS configuration,second for boot configuration -in this case choose second one,press it,then appear boot menu and choose boot from CD/DVD.You should also have manual for your computer where is described.

My Computer

Ok. See reply below:

1.Boot Vista DVD

Choose language>>repair computer>>command prompt
and type:

rd /s C:\Windows\System32\WBEM\Repository

Are you sure (Y/N) I typed Y of course

rd /s C:\Windows\System32\winevt

Are you sure (Y/N) I typed Y.

2.When you'll remove Repository folder run system again,run cmd.exe with admin previlliges (right click on cmd.exe as admin) make command

winmgmt /verifyrepository

WMI repository is consistent.

Just to let you know that still, when I start up, the audio service is not running. (I have to start it manually).

Thanks again

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Acer Aspire 5920G
Ok. See reply below:

1.Boot Vista DVD

Choose language>>repair computer>>command prompt
and type:

rd /s C:\Windows\System32\WBEM\Repository

Are you sure (Y/N) I typed Y of course

rd /s C:\Windows\System32\winevt

Are you sure (Y/N) I typed Y.

OK.
2.When you'll remove Repository folder run system again,run cmd.exe with admin previlliges (right click on cmd.exe as admin) make command

winmgmt /verifyrepository

WMI repository is consistent.
Finally WMI is OK now also.

Relate with Audio I first know what event viewer have to say about it,but surly it still don't work.But now I re-run it:

1.Download SetACL x86 Download SetACL: Windows ACL manipulation from SourceForge.net

unpack from there setacl.exe file and place in C:\Windows\System32 folder.
2.Download *.zip file attached to my post,unpack WinevtPerm.txt place it directly on C:
3.Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on cmd.exe as admin) and make following four commands

mkdir C:\Windows\System32\winevt
mkdir C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs
mkdir C:\Windows\System32\winevt\TraceFormat
setacl -on "C:\Windows\System32\winevt" -ot file -actn restore -bckp "C:\WinevtPerm.txt"

4.Restart computer,after restarting your event viewer should work fine.
5.Next again run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges and type:

WMIC /output:"%userprofile%\Desktop\LOG.htm" path Win32_NtLogEvent WHERE "EventType="1"" GET Logfile, Message, SourceName, EventCode,Type, TimeGenerated /FORMAT:HTABLE:"sortby=LogFile"

when you apply will appear console and do not turn off yourself,you have to wait untill it finish.When it finish on your desktop appear LOG.htm ->pack it and attache to post here

Attachments

• WinevtPerm.zip
    324 bytes · Views: 12

My Computer

See reply below (log is attached)

3.Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on cmd.exe as admin) and make following four commands

mkdir C:\Windows\System32\winevt
mkdir C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs
mkdir C:\Windows\System32\winevt\TraceFormat
setacl -on "C:\Windows\System32\winevt" -ot file -actn restore -bckp "C:\WinevtPerm.txt"

'setacl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

4.Restart computer,after restarting your event viewer should work fine.
5.Next again run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges and type:

WMIC /output:"%userprofile%\Desktop\LOG.htm" path Win32_NtLogEvent WHERE "EventType="1"" GET Logfile, Message, SourceName, EventCode,Type, TimeGenerated /FORMAT:HTABLE:"sortby=LogFile"

Node FRANK PC
Error Code: 0x80041001
description: Generic failure
Facility: WMI

PC very slow at start up. Audio service still not running. Security Centre turned off at start up.

when you apply will appear console and do not turn off yourself,you have to wait untill it finish.When it finish on your desktop appear LOG.htm ->pack it and attache to post here

THANKS again for help

Attachments

• LOG.zip
    317 bytes · Views: 5

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Acer Aspire 5920G
Command with setacl didn't work by you.But should be.Have you placed setacl.exe in C:\Windows\System32 before?

You can restore also manualy restore permissions for C:\Windows\System32\winevt.You have to add "NT Service\Eventlog" to have full control for this folder.But my opinion by using setacl tool is much easy and confortable

Command from point 5 only collect error messages from event log.Because event log not working,no events are collected and thus this log is empty

EDIT
If setacl.exe exist in C:\Windows\System32:

run cmd.exe and type:

cd\
cd /d C:\Windows\System32
setacl

What then happen?

My Computer

Ok, sorry I had not installed setacl properly in system32. I did it now and it worked when I typed setacl -on "C:\Windows\System32\winevt" -ot file -actn restore -bckp "C:\WinevtPerm.txt".

Still, when I restarted PC, security center was turned off as well as audio service.When i typed

Same error code.

Node FRANK PC
Error Code: 0x80041001
description: Generic failure
Facility: WMI

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Acer Aspire 5920G
Strange.Repository is OK but WMI still have issue.

Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges and type:

net stop winmgmt
net start winmgmt

If still you'll have the issue run WMIDiag.vbs http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d6-18d1-4d05-b11e-4c64192ae97d&displaylang=en

When you run script you have to wait a while untill appear pop-up with created logs.Pack them and attache to post.Read also manual for this tool.This tool ufortunately have limited ability under Vista neverless try it

It will be problem to fix error because MS don't offer solution for Vista WMI.In internet available solutions are only apriopriate for XP/2003 not for Vista/7.I'll try find another tomorrow...

My Computer

ok I have done this but issue still persists.
Here are the log attached.
Thanks again for help.

Attachments

• report.txt
    135.5 KB · Views: 53

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Acer Aspire 5920G
First try this:

Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on cmd.exe as admin) and type:

C:
cd\
cd /d C:\Windows\System32\WBEM
for %i in (*.dll) do regsvr32 /u %i
for %i in (*.dll) do regsvr32 %i
for %i in (*.exe) do %i /Regserver

close all pop-up and restart

WARNING

for these files:
WinMgmtR.dll
mofinstall.dll
Win32_Tpm.dll
WmiApRes.dll
msiprov.dll

appear errors during registering -for these file ignore errors

My Computer

Ok, just did this. Loads of pop ups appeared (some with errors) and then a Pop up with "windows management instrumentation Tester" appeared when I typed this for %i in (*.exe) do %i /Regserver.

I started up my PC again. Same thing at start up. Windows security centre and Audio service are still turned off.

Thanks.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Acer Aspire 5920G
Create new logs for me:

Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges and type:

cd /d C:\Windows\inf\WmiApRpl
dir /s /b >%userprofile%\Desktop\log1.txt

cd /d C:\Windows\System32\WBEM
dir /s /b >%userprofile%\Desktop\log2.txt

on your desktop appear log1.txt and log2.txt ->attache them to post

My Computer

I nothing wrong found in these logs.Try on the these although I doubt it cause any issue:

Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on cmd.exe as admin) and type:

WMIC /NAMESPACE:\\ROOT\MSAPPS12 path __Win32Provider Where Name='OffProv12' DELETE

WMIC /NAMESPACE:\\ROOT path __NAMESPACE Where Name='MSAPPS12' DELETE

+restart

If it also fail :( for you only leave Microsoft Help and Support

My Computer

Back