Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Now Available

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Now Available

Source: IEBlog : Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Now Available

We’re excited to release IE8 Beta 2 today for public download. You can find it at http://www.microsoft.com/ie8. Please try it out!

You’ll find versions for 32- and 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008. In addition to English, IE8 Beta 2 is available in Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), and German. Additional languages will be available soon.
While Beta 1 was for developers, we think that anyone who browses or works on the web will enjoy IE8 Beta 2. Before the team blogs about our Beta 2 in detail, here’s an overview of what you’ll find in IE8.
We focused our work around three themes: everyday browsing (the things that real people do all the time), safety (the term most people use for what we’ve called ‘trustworthy’ in previous posts), and the platform (the focus of Beta 1, how developers around the world will build the next billion web pages and the next waves of great services). ......

See the source to read the rest of the article. :geek:

Download Page: Internet Explorer 8: Worldwide sites

Note   Note
--Addition by dmex
Microsoft have released an updated “Report a Webpage Problem” tool to help us capture website compatibility issues with IE8.

If you have used the tool before or are new to it, You can download it from here When you encounter a site that is not rendering correctly, you can submit a report using the link found in the Tools Menu.

Microsoft use these compatibility reports to populate the compatibility test suite with real site issues seen by users around the world.

To Report Internet Explorer 8 bugs, see: https://connect.microsoft.com/IE
Tip   Tip
To uninstall this beta version of Internet Explorer 8, you just need to select Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 listed in the Programs and Features View Installed Updates link. For how, see: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/92402-windows-update-uninstall.html

See also: How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone noticed that when you clear your internet history that the address bar still keeps your searching history? It doesn't really clear it. Suppose it is a bug?

Interesting question Shimei,

Theres an extra option on the "Delete Browsing Hystory" called "Preserve favourite website data" for saving some cached data for wesbites, You might need to untick that box before it completely deletes everything ;)

Right, the "Preserve favorite website data" keeps you logged in to your fav sites, etc, but that is not the issue and I also unchecked that box. I also checked the "delete history" box when you exit IE and I also ran CCleaner and the address bar still keeps a record of your history and Google searches. The only time it doesn't is when you are in the "In Private" mode.

So I think it must be a bug. If you clear all history, cookies, forms, etc then why would the address bar still have a listing of your history? :confused:

My Computer

Has anyone noticed that when you clear your internet history that the address bar still keeps your searching history? It doesn't really clear it. Suppose it is a bug?

Interesting question Shimei,

Theres an extra option on the "Delete Browsing Hystory" called "Preserve favourite website data" for saving some cached data for wesbites, You might need to untick that box before it completely deletes everything ;)

Right, the "Preserve favorite website data" keeps you logged in to your fav sites, etc, but that is not the issue and I also unchecked that box. I also checked the "delete history" box when you exit IE and I also ran CCleaner and the address bar still keeps a record of your history and Google searches. The only time it doesn't is when you are in the "In Private" mode.

So I think it must be a bug. If you clear all history, cookies, forms, etc then why would the address bar still have a listing of your history? :confused:

If you want your history cleared do this. Click on Tools in IE 8, and select Internet Options. On the General Tab in the Browsing History section check Delete Browsing History, then click apply. Next in that same section click the Delete button, this brings up a panel where you can check which browsing items, including History, Cookies, and Temporary Internet Files you want deleted. I've got mine set to delete Temporary Internet Files and the History of Websites I've visited to be deleted on exit from IE 8. Deleting my browsing history and temp internet files ever worked on IE 7 and before, but now works.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Core 2 Duo E6600
    Motherboard
    Intel 975XBX2
    Memory
    8GB's of DDR2 800
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon 3870X2
    Sound Card
    HT Omega Claro
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Viewsonic VG2030wm Widescreen LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1680X1050
    Hard Drives
    120GB
    200GB
    320GB
    PSU
    ThermalTake Toughpower 700
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    four 120mm fans
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Wireless Intellimous Explorer 2.0
    Internet Speed
    10MB
    Other Info
    16X LG DVDROM & LG Dual Layer DVD Burner
    Logitech X-540 speakers
If you want your history cleared do this. Click on Tools in IE 8, and select Internet Options. On the General Tab in the Browsing History section check Delete Browsing History, then click apply. Next in that same section click the Delete button, this brings up a panel where you can check which browsing items, including History, Cookies, and Temporary Internet Files you want deleted. I've got mine set to delete Temporary Internet Files and the History of Websites I've visited to be deleted on exit from IE 8. Deleting my browsing history and temp internet files ever worked on IE 7 and before, but now works.

Right, that is exactly what I did and all the history is cleared except in the new "smart" address bar. Try it for yourself. It could be my PC, but I have never had this problem before.

For an example, just type in http://www.nytimes.com/ in your address bar and go to that site and then go to your home page and then clear all history like you said and close the browser. Re-open your browser and in the address bar type in the letter "n" and you will see that site above in your "history".

My Computer

Hi Magicalones,

Installing it did not disable or change any of the add-ons I already had installed with IE7. Now, I cannot guarantee that they will all still work with IE8 though. So far, mine do.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
;)i want to give a shot!!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    AKO.
    CPU
    Core i7 940
    Motherboard
    Asus Rampage II extreme
    Memory
    6gb Patriot 1600 Mhz 9-9-9 24
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX 9800 Gx2
    Sound Card
    SupremeFx x-fi
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL2424W
    Screen Resolution
    1900X1200
    Hard Drives
    western digital
    2x 320 gb
    PSU
    Super Flower 1000 watts
    Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos S
    Cooling
    Intel stock
    Keyboard
    Enermaz
    Mouse
    Logicool
    Other Info
    Yamaha Tss-15
    5.1 speaker
I downloaded x64 version IE8, but according to taskmanager it's 32bits!

MDOC,

Remember on 64bit there have always been two versions of internet explorer, by default the 32bit IE will be used...If you want the 64bit version you must click the ""Internet Explorer (64-bit)"" link on your startmenu ;)

Steven

My Computer

Thanks, that's right, I remember. Downloading the 64bit version can be a bit misleading if you've forgotten.

The plugins that works in 32bit doesn't appear in the 64bit IE, but I know why. So for now, it's gonna be 32bit.

My Computer

Hi Shawn,

IE8 wouldn't let me do online banking - at the part where you select numbers from drop down flaps to log on, the list of numbers to was over to the left and incomplete. Repeated clicking eventually got these in the right place and logged me in, but it froze when I tried to get to the screen to manage my account. Tried several times , restarted , but always the same.

Also, the text in my Mail account had shrunk - I checked under View>Text Size - it was still set to medium, just a lot smaller - weird.

I was also unable to use the mouse click to position the cursor on a web page - e.g. when posting to this site earlier - used arrow keys instead.

Now I'm back to IE7 all seems to have returned to normal.

Hope these bugs are sorted out soon, as I like the new features. Do you know of a way to have both IE7 and IE8 installed, as you can with Photo Gallery and Live Photo Gallery ?

Thanks

SIW2

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Vista
    CPU
    Intel E8400
    Motherboard
    ASRock1333-GLAN R2.0
    Memory
    4gb DDR2 800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 9500GT 1gb
  • Operating System
    win7/vista
    CPU
    intel i5-8400
    Motherboard
    gigabyte b365m ds3h
    Memory
    ballistix 2x8gb 3200
Hi SIW,

Yeah, I got this for a few sites as well. See if placing that website in the Compatibility View Settings (Tool menu) list will allow it to work properly afterwards.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
Works well with a few exceptions...

...such as the fact it refuses to access this site and I have to use the compatibility mode just to display My MSN homepage. Since IE 8 replaced my IE 7 I am using Minefield to access this forum.
I must say I like the improved cookie options and would like to see something like "No Script" and "Ad Block Plus" as added features.
Another strange event is the my status bar states the Protected Mode is off, while it is checked on in Options. If I uncheck it I get a warning, so maybe it might be working.
I may be biased but I prefer the speed of the 64 bit system combined with 64 bit browsers and other 64 bit programs. Some plug-ins would be nice though.
Oh well, time will take care of the problems. 40 years of working with computers has shown me that.

My Computer

Hi Macsj, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Do you have UAC turned off? This will have Protected Mode displayed as off even though it is turned on in the options.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
Yes, thank you, I don't use UAC. While I think it is an improvement in security I find it too redundant in it's queries. There needs to be some way for administrators to finalize a security decision.
Though I do wonder as to why I can't access this forum, or display my MSN homepage, with IE 8 b2 x64?

My Computer

This brings up another question...

...I don't know if this is the correct forum to continue posting about IE 8 problems but, my Hotmail account now refuses to empty the Junk Mail folder. I am using Verizon DSL w/ MSN Premium.

My Computer

Good so far, resource friendly, compatible with all my corporate web apps.

Having formatting issues with the CSS on some forums though unfortunately including one of my own lol. I guess good time for me to fix the issues up now !

My Computer

People who viewed

Also liked

Show more suggestionsShow fewer suggestions

• <LI class=suggestedSite>
    Online Payment, Merchant Account - PayPalPayPal is the safer, easier way to make an online payment or set up a merchant account.
    <LI class=suggestedSite>
    USPS - Track & ConfirmTo check on the delivery status of your mailing, enter your label or receipt number in the space provided. Please be sure to enter all letters and numbers exactly as they appear on ...
    <LI class=suggestedSite>
    Comcast.net Sign InComcast Digital Voice ® Get a better home phone service for a lower price! Learn more now. Comcast Digital Cable with ON DEMAND. Enjoy the best movies, sports, and kids shows ...
    <LI class=suggestedSite>
    search.myspace.comAllows To Manually Search Friends Within a Specific Niche

• UPS: Tracking InformationUPS Signature Tracking™ As a UPS Account holder, you can sign up to view signature images when you track.

• <LI class=suggestedSite>
    Windows Vista: 64-bit EditionsThe 64-bit editions of Windows Vista provide businesses and consumers with premier performance, reliability, and security, and are available for all editions of Windows Vista ...

• Vista: Should I Install 64-bit or 32-bit Version? (x64 vs x86 ... Deciding which Vista version to install can be a difficult decision and can really limit what you can do with your system. Here are practical hints which should help a user decide ...

:cry: Tried the recommended sites in IE8 beta and just because I went to ebay it thinks i speek vietnameese. I learn some when I was there in 68 and 69 but the rules here won't let me repeat it. :)

My Computer

I read all the pages of this post but no one has made comments about the windows pre loaded updates before IE8 vista 64 can be installed , so the people having issues did they put the updates in first and all of them ,or not.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E8600 @ 4.1
    Motherboard
    Asus Striker II Forumla
    Memory
    4x1 ocz pc8500 @960-4-4-4-12
    Graphics Card(s)
    2xEvga GTX 285 -sli
    Sound Card
    FX Xtreem music--Logitech 5.1 surround
    Monitor(s) Displays
    samsung 2443bw
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    2 x vraptors 150 raid 0
    1x seagate 250 gig dump drive
    PSU
    TX850
    Case
    cm690
    Cooling
    Air cooled 2x140mm ,1x120mm ,1x80mm in - 3 120mm out
    Keyboard
    g15 + G13
    Mouse
    Mx518
    Internet Speed
    5mb down -.8mb up
    Other Info
    Apc 1000 UPS for computor NO LONGER USE NOT ENOUGH POWER
    -200w for the monior
I read all the pages of this post but no one has made comments about the windows pre loaded updates before IE8 vista 64 can be installed , so the people having issues did they put the updates in first and all of them ,or not.

I just installed SP1 without WindowsUpdate then the IE8 Beta and it still worked fine, I updated afterwards and it still worked...I think you will need SP1 at minimum before it works properly ;)

Steven

My Computer

I would think that few that frequent Vista forums are not current with WU!

Later :shock: Ted

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    * BFK Customs *
    CPU
    Intel C2Q 9550 Yorkfield
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5Q Pro
    Memory
    8GB Dominator 8500C5D
    Graphics Card(s)