(programs and features) Hanging !

This is the Reliability Monitor:

2liwk9g.png

My Computer

The Hanging is facing me again in (programs and features) :(

This happend when I am trying to remove some programs and updates !

I think that I am going to make full format for my system and reinstall Vista ,,

My Dear Flavius ,,

I really appreciate what you have done to help me thank you very much.

My Computer

The Hanging is facing me again in (programs and features) :(

This happend when I am trying to remove some programs and updates !
It shouldn't happend when you remove these keys:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{A3FF5CB2-FB35-4658-8751-9EDE1D65B3AA}
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Nokia PC Suite
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{2BF2E31F-B8BB-40A7-B650-98D28E0F7D47}

these keys are concern Vmware,PowerDVD and Nokia.Even you don't have PowerDVD and Nokia only empty keys after these programs.

and remove manually this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\

and next use TuneUp to clear registry -Of course if your system still alive.I really had no time yesterday to reply

My Computer

Don't worry I Now your maybe busy yesterday ,,

Yesterday I made full format for My system and Reinstall Vista.

but even that, I still face "BlueScreen" and "shut down unexpectedly"

I have NOT install much programs Only Drivers ,,

2vjqws1.png

I have My doubts that is My USB Modem Driver (SpeedTouch 330) is Cause of the problem !

Here is My XXX.DMP file that find it, So you can exam them ,,

Attachments

• My XXX dmp.zip
    48.8 KB · Views: 2

My Computer

I have My doubts that is My USB Modem Driver (SpeedTouch 330) is Cause of the problem !
I also :shock:.Neverless uninstall Speed Touch and all all Marvell soft.If no help also this means evedence stricly hardware trouble and nothing special I'll can help you in this field

I attache debuged files below:

Attachments

• m1.txt
    32.1 KB · Views: 58
  • m2.txt
    33.1 KB · Views: 79
  • m3.txt
    32.9 KB · Views: 44

My Computer

Don't worry I Now your maybe busy yesterday ,,

Yesterday I made full format for My system and Reinstall Vista.

but even that, I still face "BlueScreen" and "shut down unexpectedly"

I have NOT install much programs Only Drivers ,,

Here is My XXX.DMP file that find it, So you can exam them ,,

First, all kudos to Flavius for the time and effort he invested into helping!

Second, all 3 of your crashes are exactly the same. There is a hotfix which will prevent those specific bluescreens:

Stop error when you execute some common Plug and Play functions on a Windows Vista-based or a Windows Server 2008-based computer: "STOP 0x000000D1" or "STOP 0x000000FE"

If you call up Microsoft in your country and tell them you need the "Vista x64 KB959520 hotfix", they should send it to you for free. If someone asks you why, send them this:

1: kd> kL
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
fffffa60`017228c8 fffff800`01aab12e nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffffa60`017228d0 fffff800`01aaa00b nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x6e
fffffa60`01722a10 fffff800`01a277c3 nt!KiPageFault+0x20b
fffffa60`01722ba8 fffff800`01a12cb6 hal!memcpy+0x83
fffffa60`01722bb0 fffff800`01a1252a hal!HalpDmaSyncMapBuffers+0x1be
fffffa60`01722c60 fffff800`01a1571f hal!HalpDmaFlushScatterTransfer+0xae
fffffa60`01722cb0 fffff800`01a14695 hal!IoFlushAdapterBuffers+0xaf
fffffa60`01722cf0 fffffa60`03992a47 hal!HalPutScatterGatherList+0x85
fffffa60`01722d50 fffffa60`03993420 USBPORT!USBPORT_Core_iCompleteDoneTransfer+0x577
fffffa60`01722e30 fffffa60`03990872 USBPORT!USBPORT_Core_iIrpCsqCompleteDoneTransfer+0x514
fffffa60`01722ea0 fffffa60`0397d18b USBPORT!USBPORT_Core_UsbIocDpc_Worker+0x13a
fffffa60`01722ef0 fffff800`01ab49d7 USBPORT!USBPORT_Xdpc_Worker+0x26f
fffffa60`01722f40 fffff800`01aae865 nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x117
fffffa60`01722fb0 fffff800`01aae677 nt!KyRetireDpcList+0x5
fffffa60`07de0c40 00000000`00000000 nt!KiDispatchInterruptContinue
1: kd> .bugcheck
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000000`01490eb8 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff800`01a277c3

My Computer

I uninstalled My SpeedTouch Driver, and I will use it, I hope It will be fine,,

I think that I should not install any program during the period ?!

My Computer

^^^

Is that removing "SpeedTouch Driver" from (programs and features) is Enough ? or there is other way to remove it harder and deeper ?

becuse after remove it, I still find the main folder "Thomason" In Program Files (x86) but empty inside !

My Computer

Really the My System Now is work fine !

It seem that "SpeedTouch Driver" is the couse of this problem !

Perhaps because of the driver for my modem is NOT work fine with Vista X64 !

I believe that, the support from Thomason for this modem is not good or satisfy in Vista.

My Computer

I recived this on my E-mail:

Hotfix download link you requested‏

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

For your convenience, we put the hotfix that you requested on an HTTP site. You can download the hotfix from this site without us filling up your e-mail inbox.

WARNING This hotfix has not undergone full testing. Therefore, it is intended only for systems or computers that are experiencing the exact problem that is described in the one or more Microsoft Knowledge Base articles that are listed in "KB Article Numbers" field in the table at the end of this e-mail message. If you are not sure whether any special compatibility or installation issues are associated with this hotfix, we encourage you to wait for the next service pack release. The service pack will include a fully tested version of this fix. We understand that it can be difficult to determine whether any compatibility or installation issues are associated with a hotfix. If you want confirmation that this hotfix addresses your specific problem, or if you want to confirm whether any special compatibility or installation issues are associated with this hotfix, support professionals in Customer Support Services can help you with that. For information about how to contact support, copy the following link and then past it into your Web browser:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/

For additional support options, please copy the following link and then paste it into your Web browser:

http://support.microsoft.com/

Before you install this hotfix
------------------------------

If you decide to install this hotfix, please note the following items:

Do not deploy a hotfix in a production environment without first testing the hotfix.

Back up the system or the computer that will receive the hotfix before you install the hotfix.

Additional hotfix information
-----------------------------

This hotfix package uses a password. Therefore, you must enter for each package the password that we included in this e-mail message. To make sure that you enter the correct password, we recommend that you highlight, copy, and then paste the password from this e-mail message when you are prompted. If you do not enter the correct password, you cannot install the hotfix.

NOTE Passwords are set to expire every seven days. Download the package within the next seven days to make sure that you can extract the files. If there are fewer than seven days left in the password change cycle when you receive this e-mail message, you receive two passwords. If this is the case, use the first password if you download the hotfix package before the date in the "Password Changes On" field that is listed in the table at the end of this e-mail message. Use the second password if you download the hotfix package after the date in the "Password Changes On" field.

NOTE For your convenience, we send the hotfix location to you in a hyperlink. To connect to this hotfix location, you can click the hyperlink in the "Location" field that is listed in the table at the end of this e-mail message to have your Web browser open that location. However, sometimes e-mail program settings disable hyperlinks. If the hyperlink in this e-mail message is disabled, please copy the hyperlink in the "Location" field and then past it into the address box of your Web browser. Make sure that you include the exact text (without spaces) between the parentheses in the http:// address.

Package:
-----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
KB Article Number(s): 959520
Language: All (Global)
Platform: x64
Location: (http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Windows%20Vista/sp2/Fix247771/6000/free/365931_intl_x64_zip.exe)
Password: -Vf{zmqG_
Password Changes On: 03/10/2009
Next Password: P45HpIbx

NOTE Make sure that you include all the text between "(" and ")" when you visit this hotfix location.

kd8n5t.png

and I install it very well then I asked for restart ,,

After restart I tryed to install it again, it show my this:

25uu1kn.png

Should I reinstall My USB Modem driver, and we try ?!

Last edited:

My Computer

Should I reinstall My USB Modem driver, and we try ?!
I know from my experiences there are full of problem with USB modem and I suggest to change for any good ethernet router (ADSL in your accidents,RJ-45 socket instead USB)
Concern trouble with hotfix...if after unistalling drivers really you won't have problem (for my opinion it's too short to think definitely -you have to check it for more time) I suggest to wait for final version of SP2 it will be in april.SP2 surly include also this hotfix.

My Computer

I already have ADSL Home Gateway, and I am useing it now.

but in last week I had to use my old USB Modem Temporary until my Gateway get Fixed !

Now I am OK with My New Gateway,,

My Computer

Back