This is how SP1 went. Good. Let's have your feedback.

Vista SP1 is still running good. I have got my Processes down a bit and memory is better. 43/35%. I went in to MSCONFIG and seen that a bunch of things got started from the install and turned them off and this Vista is much.............. faster. Still need to go in to Services and do some tweaking. I figure I can get the Processes down maybe to about 33. If you don't need it, don't let it run.

So all in all this has been a good update for me and looks like Vista SP1 may be a keeper.

Let's here from you people that have installed SP1

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Home made.
    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 2.4GHz.
    Motherboard
    DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR.
    Memory
    OCZ 4GB (4 x 1GB) (PC 3200)
    Graphics Card(s)
    BFG 7800GTX 256MB 256-bit GDDR3.
    Sound Card
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ViewSonic VX922 19" 2ms LCD.
    Screen Resolution
    1280X1024
    Hard Drives
    X 1Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB.
    X 2 HITACHI Deskstar 250GB.
    PSU
    PC Power & Cooling 510W/600W on demand.
    Case
    Antec Performance I P180 Silver Steel.
    Cooling
    4 X 120mm black & white Nexus fans.
    Keyboard
    Saitek Cyborg Gaming board
    Mouse
    Logitech G5
    Internet Speed
    Cable 10mb
    Other Info
    Heatsink:
    THERMALRIGHT SI-120 High Performance, with 120mm black & white Nexus fan.

Speakers:
    Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speakers.

Headphones:
    AudioFX Pro 5+1 gaming headset by eDimensional and BenHeck.

Joy Stick:
    Saitek. AV8R-01.

Gaming Pad:
    Logitect RumblePad 2.

Firewall Router:
    Linksys BEFSX41.

Printer:
    Canon PIXMA MP 830.
installed this today all went well

its cured my printer probs (it wouldnt install drivers)
and my secound harddrive was showing upand working ok but always asked for drivers on start up and when you followed the prompts the harddrive dissapeared,
so im very happy.:party::party::party:

My Computer

... continuation of 17 ...
Took the advice of the 1st message to try the install again and it worked just fine. Although I must admit the 1st try I forgot to turn off write-protect of the boot sector in the BIOS. Don't know if that was the issue or if it just simply took two tries. Thanks.

My Computer

I just did the SP1 dowload without any issues. In fact, I had started the download a few days ago very late in the evening and had to stop it when I saw how long it was going to take. Didn't seem to bother it any. Finished it today and it took about 45 minutes to complete. The only disappointment so far is that I had read much earlier that SP1 would put back the graphic for disk defragmenter for those of us who like to watch the progress but guess what? It didn't. Or if it did, I don't see the option to use it. But that's ok. I have another defragmenter that works better any way so I rarely use the one provided with the OS.

My Computer

dmex - i did download the standalone sp1 but that failed to install. I am currently in the long process of downloading it again after 38 attempts to install through Windows Update. Lokking in the 'problem reports and solutions' i can see that 'Windows Module Installer' is causing problems with 'Cbspackageservicingfailure' and 'WindowsWcpStoreCorruption' I do have the two pre kb updates for SP1.

Can anyone provide any help?????

Rich

My Computer

I installed a version of Vista x64 with SP1 integrated - it's been running beautifully for a while now. Much snappier and more responsive than before, drivers all fine for sound + video etc. Copying files is loads faster!

My Computer

tried the standalone download again but that failed to install half way with the message 'internal error 0x80073712' That is not the full message but i can't remember the rest. I have tried to download the 'Checksur' kb but that told me that it is not needed for my machine even though i get the error messages that it is supposed to fix!!!!

Rich

My Computer

After installing SP1 i have 2 user accounts... same user name and password... it seems like the user account is repeated!

In windows account manager i only have one account... does anyone has the same problem?

My Computer

SP1 x64 In 39 Minutes.

Just assembled PC is 5 days ago. Vista x64. Q6600.
Started windows update 11:29pm - finished with CPU idling at 12:08 am.
39 minutes total. One attempt.
Runs great.

I have 8GB RAM. Before 1690MB usage, after 1555MB.

I run Adobe CS3. Adobe Bridge had just a a slight pause opening. It's instant now. It was not bad before, just the only program I felt I could see a difference.
No ill effects or personal setting changes.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Home Build
    CPU
    Intel Q6600 G0
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    Memory
    Corsair 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    POWERCOLOR AX3650 512M DDR2
    Sound Card
    On board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung 215TW
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    2X WD 750GB RE3 RAID-1
    PSU
    610W CORSAIR Modular
    Case
    Cheapo Rosewell
    Cooling
    Rosewell Fans and CPU Cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech Access Keyboard 600
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Internet Speed
Problem with windows mail after SP1 install

Hi folks

Had the same problem with the initial update to RC1 and now the problem persists with SP1.

I am running Vista 64 Home Premium and the problem is with Windows Mail.

I set up Windows Mail for the missus and all was fine until I installed both of these upgrades as they were released.

I now get a file permission error and as I do not have access to group policies with Home Premium I am stuck with the following error (see attached) and no access to Windows Mail.

When I uninstalled RC1 (before SP1 update) the Windows mail functionality returned, until I installed SP1!

Ideas?

Attachments

• windows mail problem.jpg
    windows mail problem.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 65

My Computer

tried the standalone download again but that failed to install half way with the message 'internal error 0x80073712' That is not the full message but i can't remember the rest. I have tried to download the 'Checksur' kb but that told me that it is not needed for my machine even though i get the error messages that it is supposed to fix!!!!

Rich
How much RAM are you running?
I have 8GB of RAM and was getting this message and none of the MS 'solutions' applied to my situation. I had a thought and reduced my RAM to 2GB (one stick) and it installed without a fuss. Then I reinstalled the rest of the RAM.

My Computer

I've been unable to install SP1 as I get a wrong version of installer message- I have 64x Ultimate installed and went thru a complete update process- an hour on high speed using my original Vist DVD install disk- but didn't give registration code- not sure if I want to use Ultimate or Home Prtemium until I try ultimate for awhile.
How can I get the correct Installer Version detected?

My Computer

G'Day everyone this is my first go at this forum, since downloading and installing SP1 my internet connection has gone from 12000kbs to 60kbs, any ideas anyone

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 6930-733G50Mn
    CPU
    P7350, 2.0 GHz 1066 MHz FSB, 3MB L2 cache.
    Memory
    4 GB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobile intel graphics media accelerator 4500MHD, upto1300 MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    16:9 HD Wide Screen..
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    500 GB HDD
    Internet Speed
    12000KBS.
G'Day everyone this is my first go at this forum, since downloading and installing SP1 my internet connection has gone from 12000kbs to 60kbs, any ideas anyone

I had the same scare but it was my providers problem.
Nothing changed or reset in my configurations or settings, personal or system wise. Smooth as glass.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Home Build
    CPU
    Intel Q6600 G0
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    Memory
    Corsair 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    POWERCOLOR AX3650 512M DDR2
    Sound Card
    On board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung 215TW
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    2X WD 750GB RE3 RAID-1
    PSU
    610W CORSAIR Modular
    Case
    Cheapo Rosewell
    Cooling
    Rosewell Fans and CPU Cooler
    Keyboard
    Logitech Access Keyboard 600
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Revolution
    Internet Speed
i have contacted telstra cant help me til after easter, ichecked all settings, same all ok must be telstra's problem i just have to wait, thanks.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 6930-733G50Mn
    CPU
    P7350, 2.0 GHz 1066 MHz FSB, 3MB L2 cache.
    Memory
    4 GB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobile intel graphics media accelerator 4500MHD, upto1300 MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    16:9 HD Wide Screen..
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    500 GB HDD
    Internet Speed
    12000KBS.
I still need the freakin new AuthenTech fingerprint scanner drivers so I can update my laptop to SP1.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Velocity Micro, HP Pavillion
    CPU
    Intel 2 Quad Core Q9400, AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+
    Memory
    8 GBs DDR3, 4 GB DDR2 PC5300 (667 MHZ)
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVIDIA GTS 250 (over clocked), nVIDIA 6150SE n430
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP w1907
    PSU
    440 Watts
    Case
    Velocity Micro
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Trackman Marble ++
    Internet Speed
    2 mbps
vbn940ss: Bigpond are under contract from yourself to fix the problem or lodge a report in the first phone call, its defiantly nothing with vista at all even if bigpong say it is I can assure you 100% its Bigpond causing the problem.

My Computer

Re: Vista SP1 Install Errors and Download Links

I must be one of the lucky ones I had sp1 come up on auto updates, and it installed no problem. I am using vista home premium

My Computer

Installed the stand alone SP1 with no problem, and it corrected the audio issues (no sound on playback) I was having with Movie Maker/DVD Maker for the past 5 months. :D

My Computer

Back