Vista64 - Lots of problems

That, and you can't have files over 2GB.

So my system is a lot more stable than it was the first time (I've been converting video to MP4 for my PS3), however, it will still occasionally freeze, and I'm also using an older gfx driver (169.something versus 175.16).

Also, I've been playing Crysis (32bit) and it seems to be pretty solid. Every once in a long while it seems to pause for a second or two, but that may be the GPU. I just discovered that I can ALT+TAB and it puts the game in a window, since I'm only running it 1024x768, but now when I start it I can't get it to take the whole window...I'd like to be able to switch between Full Screen and a window. Any ideas?

Also, Dmex, could you walk me through that flashing the wrt54gl? I'll be picking one up tomorrow, and I'd like to get my system on the web and try some updates.

Thanks for your support.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA 790i Ultra
    Memory
    2x2Gb (4GB) OCZ3P13334GK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB KO
    Hard Drives
    WD 150GB Raptor
Actually, I found this (How to install DD-WRT on a Linksys router) for flashing the router, but then my uncle had one that he had recently flashed, so I won't even need to. Hopefully tonight I can get all the updates I need so that Gears of War will run. I'll keep you posted.

As far as gaming in a window within Vista, the only way I was able to change it to (almost) full screen was to change the resolution within the game. However, to do so (and have the game still run smoothly) I had to decrease the settings. So now instead of 1024x768 with HIGH, I'm running 1920x1080 with MEDIUM.

Does anyone know how to change it back (besides changing my desktop resolution) so that I can play the game in full screen mode again?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA 790i Ultra
    Memory
    2x2Gb (4GB) OCZ3P13334GK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB KO
    Hard Drives
    WD 150GB Raptor
FAT32 does make huge sectors on 500GB+ drives.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    pair of Intel E5430 quad core 2.66 GHz Xeons
    Motherboard
    Supermicro X7DWA-N server board
    Memory
    16GB DDR667
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB video card
    Hard Drives
    SAS RAID
Is big sectors a bad thing? Can't you just defrag?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA 790i Ultra
    Memory
    2x2Gb (4GB) OCZ3P13334GK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB KO
    Hard Drives
    WD 150GB Raptor
Big sectors use more space for data than needed and also slow loading times. FAT also prevents many recovery options.

Steven

My Computer

FAT32 @ 500GB makes 32KB per cluster.

PartitionCluster size<8 GB4 KB8 GB - 16 GB8 KB16 GB - 32 GB16 KB> 32 GB32 KB

Each cluster holds one file. So if you have NTFS 512 byte cluster vs 32 KB cluster on 20 KB file size

512 byte x 40 clusters with no wasted space
vs
20 KB file + 12KB of slack (wasted space).

If its in RAID with 64 KB stripe, you have 128 x 512 byte stripes vs 2 x 32KB stripes. The wasted space will slow down file reads and add up very fast.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB DDR667
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    SAS RAID
Fortunately, it's not in a raid - it's a stand-alone storage just for my PS3. And most of the files (except for the music) are at least 175MB, so it's not too bad.

Guess Sony didn't want to pay for rights to NTFS.

So has does anybody have a solution to my Crysis (hahaha, pun intended)? I wouldn't mind running a lower resolution but higher details, if I can get it to go full screen again.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA 790i Ultra
    Memory
    2x2Gb (4GB) OCZ3P13334GK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB KO
    Hard Drives
    WD 150GB Raptor
Fortunately, it's not in a raid - it's a stand-alone storage just for my PS3. And most of the files (except for the music) are at least 175MB, so it's not too bad.

Guess Sony didn't want to pay for rights to NTFS.

So has does anybody have a solution to my Crysis (hahaha, pun intended)? I wouldn't mind running a lower resolution but higher details, if I can get it to go full screen again.

Doesn't Crysis let you change screenmodes by changing Options> System Settings> Graphics then tick Fullscreen ?

My Computer

I'll have to check on that. Thanks for the Lead, Dmex.

In other news, I just had a 0x3B BSOD. When I try to open the dump (Windows>Minidump>file) it says Access Denied. I don't see where I can "Run as Administrator" and I have all rights under "Security." Didn't we already talk about a way around this?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA 790i Ultra
    Memory
    2x2Gb (4GB) OCZ3P13334GK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB KO
    Hard Drives
    WD 150GB Raptor
View them in event viewer instead. Most of the coredumps don't show much and make sense. I ignore them. I might find a way to disable them.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB DDR667
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    SAS RAID

In other news, I just had a 0x3B BSOD. When I try to open the dump (Windows>Minidump>file) it says Access Denied. I don't see where I can "Run as Administrator" and I have all rights under "Security." Didn't we already talk about a way around this?

Here is the 0x3B Details...

Bug Check 0x3B:

The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bug check has a value of 0x0000003B. This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

My Computer

Here is the 0x3B Details...

Bug Check 0x3B:

The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bug check has a value of 0x0000003B. This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

So...I've had similar errors before. What exactly does that mean, or more importantly, how do I fix it?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA 790i Ultra
    Memory
    2x2Gb (4GB) OCZ3P13334GK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB KO
    Hard Drives
    WD 150GB Raptor
Disable UAC and try again.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB DDR667
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    SAS RAID
Does anybody know how to solve the 0x124, 0x3d, 0x3b errors?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA 790i Ultra
    Memory
    2x2Gb (4GB) OCZ3P13334GK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB KO
    Hard Drives
    WD 150GB Raptor
3B and 124 could be a power supply issue. What is your power supply specs? Do you have a multimeter? Check 12V, Yellow+ and Black-.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB DDR667
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    SAS RAID
I don't have a multimeter, but it's a 700w power supply (for SLI) and I'm only running one gfx card.

Also, is it supposed to take awhile to load directories and files? It seems to take much longer than XP ever did...

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA 790i Ultra
    Memory
    2x2Gb (4GB) OCZ3P13334GK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB KO
    Hard Drives
    WD 150GB Raptor
I also just received a BSOD 0x7e, which I looked up and was supposed to be fixed with SP1.

I seem to get the BSOD's whenever I start to do a lot of multi-tasking...could that mean I need to give my CPU a little more juice via the BIOS?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    E6850 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    EVGA 790i Ultra
    Memory
    2x2Gb (4GB) OCZ3P13334GK
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB KO
    Hard Drives
    WD 150GB Raptor
Which 700W power supply? What are the specs?

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB DDR667
    Graphics Card(s)
    Hard Drives
    SAS RAID