BSOD with message dell inspiron 1525 laptop

greetings! i have returned from my trip and gotten over a nasty head cold to try and finish this. i trust you had a lovely holiday?

i've saved the ubuntu software to my desktop but not installed it. i thought i might be able to write it directly onto a cd r, but it seems that the cd might not be large enough. i've tried twice and each time have gotten an error (im using infrarecorder to write it). should i install ubuntu first onto my computer or can i directly write the image onto a cd? i can send the error report if you wish.:sleepy:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    dell inspiron 1525 laptop
okay i monkeyed around with the software and i THINK i was able to put it on a cd. will try to boot the laptop with it....

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
i did actually manage to get ubuntu onto a cd but the laptop is not acknowledging it in the startup menu even after hitting f8.

i also looked up the startup repair report and it says:
root cause found:
unknown bugcheck: bugcheck 50. parameters = 0x8c800000, 0x0, 0x81ec5f93, 0x0

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
hello, i would like to do this however i am unable to boot the laptop. it shuts me down before i can try this. i've managed to create a boot disk of ubuntu however, the laptop doesn't seem to recognize it. i don't see the screen that the instructs say i should to be able to boot. is there another boot program to try? the disc i had barely fit the ubuntu program on it and that may be the problem...

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
i do have the .exe on another disc and would try it in safe mode however the computer won't boot into safe mode. there is a myriad of options after pressing f8, is there another choice that will work?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
great! i was able to do this however the cursor is just sitting there so i guess it didn't work. i checked the contents of the cd-r and it had all the ubuntu files along with the autorun feature so i believe that it should have loaded.

i will have to take it in. thanks for your help!!!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
Back