ReBoot Time

Rasburyjam

My reboot time was 292 - That really sucks. Can anyone help me? P.S. I'm a newbie so speak slooooowly, LOL.:o

I think your specs are part of the reason you have such a long boot time. They are... lacking. :p

I am a court reporter, use my computer in the courtroom, and it's taken so long to boot that they will start without me. Where do I find these "tweaks" to speed up my boot time? I appreciate your time. Thanks, Candace

LordJohnx3

The Green Guy
My reboot time was 292 - That really sucks. Can anyone help me? P.S. I'm a newbie so speak slooooowly, LOL.:o

I think your specs are part of the reason you have such a long boot time. They are... lacking. :p

I am a court reporter, use my computer in the courtroom, and it's taken so long to boot that they will start without me. Where do I find these "tweaks" to speed up my boot time? I appreciate your time. Thanks, Candace
Hello, Rasburyjam, welcome to the vista forums, hope I can help!

Well there are many software programs you can use to speed up your computer, I use 3, which you can try if you like, made my computer a lot faster: Glary Utilities Auslogics - Download Auslogics Disk Defrag Auslogics - Download Auslogics Registry Cleaner
There are other ways as well to speed it up on your computer, like disk defragmenter: go to start-start search-type in: defrag-click disk defragmenter-then click defragment, and your good to go on that, also it might take some time to finish, so just be patient, also there is error-checking, go to start-click computer on the right hand side, then right click local disk C-click properties-it will then go to its properties, click the tab on the top-tools-then click on error checking, which is the first thing you see on top after you click tools-click check now-then make sure automatically fix file system errors is check marked, nothing else, then click start-then click schedule disk check, and restart your computer after that, and when it boots up next time it will check for errors before it loads completely, be patient for that as well. And the final thing that you can do is get rid of programs on your computer you don't use, like bloatware for example, just go to start-click control panel on the right hand side-then go to programs and click: uninstall a program-then a list will load of programs you use, if you see some you don't need, don't use, or don't want like bloatware, just simply click on them, then right click on them, and then click uninstall, and it should uninstall(get rid of) that program you don't want.
Hope this helps, tell me the results if you can,

~LordJohnx3:cool:

Rasburyjam

Well there are many software programs you can use to speed up your computer, I use 3, which you can try if you like, made my computer a lot faster: Glary Utilities Auslogics - Download Auslogics Disk Defrag Auslogics - Download Auslogics Registry Cleaner
There are other ways as well to speed it up on your computer, like disk defragmenter: go to start-start search-type in: defrag-click disk defragmenter-then click defragment, and your good to go on that, also it might take some time to finish, so just be patient, also there is error-checking, go to start-click computer on the right hand side, then right click local disk C-click properties-it will then go to its properties, click the tab on the top-tools-then click on error checking, which is the first thing you see on top after you click tools-click check now-then make sure automatically fix file system errors is check marked, nothing else, then click start-then click schedule disk check, and restart your computer after that, and when it boots up next time it will check for errors before it loads completely, be patient for that as well. And the final thing that you can do is get rid of programs on your computer you don't use, like bloatware for example, just go to start-click control panel on the right hand side-then go to programs and click: uninstall a program-then a list will load of programs you use, if you see some you don't need, don't use, or don't want like bloatware, just simply click on them, then right click on them, and then click uninstall, and it should uninstall(get rid of) that program you don't want.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain all that. I'll go down the list and try all that apply. It was truly appreciated. :D

LordJohnx3

The Green Guy

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain all that. I'll go down the list and try all that apply. It was truly appreciated. :D
No problem, glad I helped, good luck.;)

joeturbo

I have a dell inspiron 1520 with 4gb ram and duo core 1.5ghz cpu. I have just restored it to factory settings due to many blue screen problems (hopefully these wont come back). My time is 325seconds :-(

am impressed, just by changing 2 settings i am now down to 206 seconds (enabled advanced performance for the hard drive & manually set it to boot up using the dual cores)

ill carry on tweeking tomorrow

Last edited:

nostaw5

"POW" Ur dead
Power User
Here is mine:

47 processes, no login password (auto logon)

AMD Athlon II X2 255 3.1/2MB/2000MHz @ 4.1GHz
Kingston Value 4GB DDR3 1066MHz @ 1666MHz
AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB 645/800 @ 851/1010MHz
Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200.02RPM 8MB
Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT AM3 DDR3

40 secs woop woop

Attachments

• 42.PNG
    42.PNG
    26.5 KB · Views: 14

zigzag3143

Banned
For Vista these are great times, about average for win 7, and slow for win 8.

A dual core Win 8 machine can get to the metro apps (desktop) in abt 20 secs without an SSD.

nostaw5

"POW" Ur dead
Power User
I have tried the Windows 8 developer release and I must say: are microsoft ditching desktops? Windows 8 is aimed at tablets and touchscreen computers. And its UI is cluttered. Took me a while to find the shut down icon burried within the settings.

yvesj

here is my time

View attachment 27801

now if you thing that fast .i build computer for my own use .i have 3 running now .my fastess is a window 7 64 bits the reboot time is 21 secs .not bad for some one that never been on a pc before 2007 and only grade 6 in 1959 .i do read a lot this is how i get to know how to build good computer