ReBoot Time

brummyfan

Brummy
Vista Guru
I have been having a coffee and when I came back I saw this 952 secs :(.
This is the latest.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 541

gggttdd

I have found that disabling the security centre service seems to get rid of the black screen delay. I don't use microsoft firewall or defender (have others installed) so those services are disabled too on my laptop.

S

stew2

Is there a way of removing the boot logo animation (the animated windows orb)?

I know you can replace it but i want to completly remove it or at least speed up how fast it shows each of the 5 pictures.

Dwarf

The Contemplator
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Hi stew2,

You could try using System Configuration and check No GUI boot on the Boot tab as shown in the image below. To access this tool, click on the start orb and type msconfig into the search box and press enter/return. You will need to provide administrative credentials to continue.

Capture.PNG

S

stew2

Cheers for the quick reply but that just get rids of the green loading bars not the actual animated windows logo.

I want to keep the boot screen and remove the logo screen as when i use xperview to view whats happening during boot the disk and cpu utilization during this period is so low that it must just be for the orb. So id like to get rid of loading it and shave a few more seconds of boot.

brummyfan

Brummy
Vista Guru
You can use Snipping tool or press Print Screen and open Paint go to Edit and paste. You can save it in Desktop, when you send the image just upload from the desktop.HTH.

hexen

Windows 7 x64 build 7057
Sony Vaio FW11M, Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHz, 4Gb RAM
54 Processes
Boot with 2 proc. :D

after.png

Last edited by a moderator:

nsbjsn

This is after some tweaks I started at 102 seconds. Thanks for the speed up tips, and thanks to the guys who told me about the snipping tool.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 326

nsbjsn

Oh and one more thing. I downloaded the registry derfag app that was recommended in this tutorial. After I ran it, it added 20 sec to my reboot time. 23 actually, I went from 102sec to 71sec with the other methods then after I ran the registry defrag it went back up to 94sec ??????????. So I restored and started over and left out the registry defrag. And im back to 71sec. I thought Id post this incase anyone else runs into this problem, not a big deal just make sure you have a current restore point. As always thanks for the tips. Vista forums is awesome.

Irunongames

My boot is 91 seconds. (forgot to take a screenshot :P) Tweeked my comp: here's my new boot time

Attachments

• boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

widget21

Well currently sitting on: 189. Gots a long ways to go.

Anyone else suddenly have their A: enabled?

Attachments

• 189.jpg
    189.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
I first posted to this thread a looooong time ago, with regard to an extended re-boot.

Turns out, my problem was apparently related to an older Western Digital external hard drive, through which the system seemed to be doing some sort of pre-flight before allowing boot-up to continue. Boot order? vista-ready? I've no idea.

The resolution came about as a result of my purchasing a new 1TB external drive, which enabled me to brag to the ladies about actually HAVING a 1TB drive.

(Hey, you overcompensate in your way, I'll overcompensated in mine, ok?).

All kidding aside, though, I received helpful suggestions from several of the highly-skilled people I encountered on this Forum. Damn glad I found you guys.

widget21

Hey graphics Guy, I was actually thinking that the HD might be the problem as i have nothing let to try. Have 3 1Tb HD's so far, and the 4th was gonna be for overseas movies from Holidays (Large family.. they lov to borrow my toys) Looks like it will be going down as the C: instead.

Thanks for confirming im not the only one with a shockingly slow reboot timer.

Widget21

Pantalaimon

Can somebody help me with my boot time.. Using this script I get 90 seconds. No matter what I try, so far I cannot get it any lower. Window seems to spend a long time on the part of booting up where the green loading bar is present, and then an equally long time displaying the Windows Logo before showing the desktop.

I have tried:

Disabling ALL start up programs

Disabling my internet connection to check if that was stalling boot up

Following the Speed Up Boot Time tutorial on this forum. (And many other tweak guides from this forum also)

Auslogics Disk Defrag

Auslogics Registry Defrag

Auslogics Registry Cleaner

Scanned with Kaspersky Anti-Virus

Scanned with both SUPERAntiSpyware & Malwarebytes Anti-Spyware programs.

None of the above made a difference of more than 1 second. :confused:

System specs:

Q6600 ~ 3.4GHz

4GB 800MHz RAM ~ 4-4-4-12

Western Digital WD6400AAKS 640GB HD

Vista Home Premium X64

Last edited: