Vista SP1 Slipstream Installation DVD

How to Create a Vista SP1 Slipstream Installation DVD

information   Information
This will show you how to create a Vista installation DVD with the Vista SP1 slipstreamed into it for any 32 and 64 bit version of Vista you want. This DVD will allow you to do a clean install of Vista with the SP1 all at once instead of installing Vista first then the SP1.
Note   Note
This Vista SP1 slipstream installation DVD will also allow you to run a Repair install on Vista with SP1 installed now. Before, you could not use a normal Vista installation DVD ro run a Repair install on Vista with SP1 installed since Vista with SP1 was a new version than what was on the Vista DVD.
Tip   Tip
If you have a Dell OEM computer, then see this link to help you possibly create a sliptream installation DVD from your Dell installation disc.
warning   Warning
You can only make a 64-bit Vista DVD in a installed 64-bit Vista, and only a 32-bit Vista DVD in a installed 32-bit Vista.

REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft has issued a note to users, of “v-Lited” Windows Vista SP1 installs, having issues upgrading to SP2. Their advice? Reinstall Windows with genuine media. For more on this, see: Short: vLite screws up Windows Vista SP1 upgrade path - Within Windows

Here's How:
Note   Note
You will need to temporarily disable your antivirus program before you start this to prevent possible interference to the vLite program below. This program is safe, but could be mistaken as not by some antivirus programs and prevent you from creating the SP1 slipstream DVD.

1. Copy the Vista Installation DVD Contents to the Desktop
A) Place the retail or OEM (not Recovery) Vista installation DVD into the DVD drive.​
NOTE: If AutoPlay or the Vista install window pops-up, just close it.​
B) Open the Start Menu and click on Computer.​
C) Right click on the DVD drive in Computer with the Vista installation DVD and click on Copy. (See screenshot below)​
Step1.jpg

D) Right click on a empty space on the desktop and click on Paste.​
NOTE: This may take a few minutes to finish copying all of the Vista installation DVD contents to the folder on the desktop.​

2. Download the SP1 Standalone Installer to the Desktop
NOTE: See Requirements at the top of the tutorial for the download links. You will need to select the same 32 bit or 64 bit version of the SP1 as the Vista installation DVD from step 1.​
A) Download and save the SP1 standalone installer to the desktop.​

3. Download and Install the vLite Program
NOTE: See Requirements at the top of the tutorial for the download link.​
A) Right click on the vLite program shortcut and click Run as Administrator.​
B) Click on Allow.​
C) If this window pops-up, then click on the Install button(s) for the missing features needed by vLite. (See screenshot below)​
NOTE: If you see the WAIK Download link, then you will need to click on the Install button to download the 1.34GB ISO WAIK file first. Next, follow the instructions at the download link:​
  • Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
  • Click on Save, and save the .iso file to your desktop.
  • Burn the saved .iso file to a DVD. You can use ISO Recorder to do this. This link will show you how to use ISO Recorder.
  • Run the DVD to install WAIK.
WARNING: There is a glitch in the vLite 1.2 version where you may receive an error about WAIK when trying to run vLite. WAIK is not always properly recognized in Vista 32 bit. You may need to manually copy and paste the wimgapi.dll file from WAIK into the root vLite folder (main folder) in C:\Programs for it to work properly.​
Step2.jpg

4. Click on the Browse button. (See screenshot below)​
Step3.jpg

5. Click on the Vista folder (created from step 1) on the desktop and click on the LRMCFRE_EN_DVD folder, then click OK. (See screenshot below)​
NOTE: You may have a different name than LRMCFRE_EN_DVD based on your type of Vista installation DVD, but it will be the one right under Vista.​
Step4.jpg

6. Click on the Vista edition that you want to use for the Vista SP1 slipstream DVD to highlight it and click OK. (See screenshot below)​
NOTE: You can only have one Vista edition per slipstream DVD. If you want to have more than one Vista edition, then you must repeat this tutorial for each individual Vista edition for their own DVD.​
Step5.jpg

7. Click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)​
Step6.jpg

8. Check both the Service Pack Slipstream and Bootable ISO boxes and click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)​
Step7.jpg

9. Click on the Select button. (See screenshot below)​
Step8.jpg

10. Select the SP1 standalone program (from step 2) on the desktop and click on the Open button. (See screenshot below)​
Step9.jpg

11. Click on Run when this window pops-up in a few seconds. (See screenshot below)​
NOTE: This runs the SP1 installer program for the vLite program only. It will not install the SP1 on your computer.​
Step10.jpg

12. This will take around 60 to 120 minutes or so to complete this part. Some older slower systems may take a bit longer. (See screenshot below)​
Enjoy your break. ;)
NOTE: In the Status box, you will see Preparing first, Extracting second, Integrating third, then this below until it is finished with this part. It will seem like it is stuck about 60% of the way, but it is not.​
Step11.jpg

13. When Finished, click on Next. (See screenshot below)​
NOTE: If this fails, then verify that you are using the same 32 bit or 64 bit versions of the Vista SP1 and Vista Installation DVD files. If they are not the same, it will fail.​
Step12.jpg

14. Under the General section, make sure that Create Image is selected and click on the Make ISO button. (See screenshot below)​
Step13.jpg

15. If the Created Image is over 4 GB
A) If this window pops-up on you with a similar message after you click on the Make ISO button (from step 14), then click on No and continue to step 16. (See screenshot below)​
NOTE: If you do not get the option to make the ISO image smaller, then see:
B) If not, then go to step 19 and skip steps 16, 17, and 18.​
Step14.jpg

16. Dot Rebuild one (Vista edition from step 5) and click OK. (See screenshot below)​
Step15.jpg

17. When finished, click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)​
NOTE: This will take a little bit to finish.​
Step16.jpg

18. Under the General section, make sure that Create Image is selected and click on the Make ISO button. (See screenshot below)​
NOTE: After the Vista and SP1 image file has been rebuilt to make it smaller, you will return to the same screen in step 14.​
Step13.jpg

19. Select the Desktop and click on the Save button. (See screenshot below)​
NOTE: This is where the ISO file will be saved when it is finished being created.​
Step17.jpg

20. When it is finished creating the ISO file, place a blank unformated DVD into the DVD drive.​
NOTE: If AutoPlay pops-up asking you to format the DVD, just close it.​
21. Under the General section, make sure that Burn Image is selected and that you have your DVD drive selected under Device. Click on the Burn button. (See screenshot below)​
Step18.jpg

22. When it is finished making the Vista SP1 Slipstream Installation DVD it will say Write Successful, then click on the Finish or Exit button. (See screenshot below)​
NOTE: It will take a few minutes to finish this. When you click Finish, it will close vLite.​
Step19.jpg

23. Remove your new Vista SP1 Slipstream Installation DVD from the DVD drive.​
NOTE: You will use this DVD the same way you did the retail Vista installation DVD.​
24. Do not forget to enable your antivirus program again.​
That's it, your done. Finally. LOL ;)
Shawn

Attachments

• thumb_vista_install_logo.jpg
    thumb_vista_install_logo.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 385
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Peter,

You cannot create a SP2 Slipstream DVD that I'm aware of yet. Since you still have to have SP1 installed before you can install SP2, it may still come in handy to have a SP1 Vista slipstream to use first. ;)

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390
    Memory
    64 GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3600 MHz (F4-3600C18D-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Card
    Integrated Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    4TB Samsung 990 PRO PRO M.2,
    8TB WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS
    PSU
    Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    1 Gb/s Download and 35 Mb/s Upload
    Other Info
    Logitech Z625 speaker system,
    Logitech BRIO 4K Pro webcam,
    HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn,
    APC SMART-UPS RT 1000 XL - SURT1000XLI,
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
Thanks. From what I've read SP2 will only slipstream (when and if instructions & software become available that is..!) into a Vista SP1 disc that is complete....i.e. no bits taken out during its slipstreaming process.

I'm lucky that I'm a Technet Plus member as I can just download the final complete DVD anyway.

However, I realise that many aren't that lucky and it seems like an eternity, all this waiting with bated breath for news on how to slipstream this infernal thing.

Hopefully something will happen very soon.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Win 10 Pro x64 x 2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Alienware ALX x58
    CPU
    Intel® Core™ i7-975 Extreme O/C to 4.02 GHz, 8MB Cache
    Motherboard
    Asus® P6T Deluxe V2 X58 LGA1366
    Memory
    24GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 6 x 4096MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    1792 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 295 Dual Core
    Sound Card
    Onboard Soundmax® High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung XL2370 HD LED backlit 23" W/S 2ms response time
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    2 x 500gb SATA II
    1 x 1TB SATA II
    1 external eSATA LaCie 3TB
    (Non-RAID)
    PSU
    Alienware® 1200 Watt Multi-GPU
    Case
    Unique
    Cooling
    4 case fans @ CPU water cooling.
    Internet Speed
    1gb/s up and down
Yeah, I'm sure that the makers of vLite are hard at work on it. In the mean time thank goodness for TechNet Plus. :)

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
I'm currently here:

-----------------------------
12. This will take around 60 to 120 minutes or so to complete this part. Some older slower systems may take a bit longer.
----------------------------

I've been here for 9 hours so far :)

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400. Dual core. 1.83 GHz. 2GB RAM. 6 GB spare on C:. 10 GB spare on D:

My anti-virus is off. I've disconnected from the internet. vLite is the only running application, apart from Task Manager.

According to Task Manager, "Pkg Mgr" (Windows Package Manager) is using about 50% of CPU. So something is happening.

One interesting thing is that Internet Explorer launches itself now and again. So at this moment, there are 4 instances running. Each instance has one tab, that says "Connecting...". Otherwise the tab is empty, with no home page.

The "Work Offline" option is greyed out.

I'm off to bed, so maybe something will happen overnight :)

My Computer

Umm, you might check for a virus or malware to be safe if Internet Explorer is opening on it's own to connect to somewhere without you doing it, or while installing a program that is trying to register or update itself.

I hope it finishes for you within the week. ;)

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
Checking for updates perhaps? It's been a while since I used this procedure but I do remember several instances of the application initiating Internet connections plus, what I remember the most, it was using a huge amount of resources making my CPU temps almost hit the safe maximum mark, hence seemed to crawl at times.

My Computer

System One

• Operating System
    Win 10 Pro x64 x 2
    Manufacturer/Model
    Alienware ALX x58
    CPU
    Intel® Core™ i7-975 Extreme O/C to 4.02 GHz, 8MB Cache
    Motherboard
    Asus® P6T Deluxe V2 X58 LGA1366
    Memory
    24GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 6 x 4096MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    1792 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 295 Dual Core
    Sound Card
    Onboard Soundmax® High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung XL2370 HD LED backlit 23" W/S 2ms response time
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    2 x 500gb SATA II
    1 x 1TB SATA II
    1 external eSATA LaCie 3TB
    (Non-RAID)
    PSU
    Alienware® 1200 Watt Multi-GPU
    Case
    Unique
    Cooling
    4 case fans @ CPU water cooling.
    Internet Speed
    1gb/s up and down
Here's an update, and some questions.

I killed my last attempt after 32 hours :)

The CPU for PgkMgr was showing 50%, and still running, with no error messages.

BTW: I did full virus and malware scans. My system is clean.

I've been trying to find help on the vLIte forum, but the posters cannot help:
19 hours to slipstream, and counting - MSFN Forums

I've been googling for days looking for a post with the same problem as mine. No luck. All the other failures had some kind of error message, whereas my process keeps running without error. So, I'm the only person in the whole world with this problem :(

Question 1:

On the vLite forum, the supervisor recommends doing a Vista install to a Vista Virtual Machine. Then capture the image to an ISO.

I'm not a techy, but it seems to me that the image would be similar to some manufacturer's "recovery DVDs". These DVDs cannot be used to *install" an OS. They simply restore your disk to the same state as when you bought it.

If that's true, then it's no good to me. I want to create a DVD that is identical to my current Dell OS DVD, but containing SP1. I can then do a "repair install", as Brink says at the top of this tutorial : "This Vista SP1 slipstream installation DVD will also allow you to run a Repair install on Vista with SP1 installed "

Question 2:

I found this link:
Slipstream Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - HelpWithWindows.com

Again, it seems to me that this method will create a "recovery" DVD, rather than an "installation" DVD that I can use for repair installs (or clean installs).

Question 3:

If the answers to Question 1 and 2 show that the methods will not produce an installation DVD, could someone give me a link that will show me how to manually do the operations that vLite does automatically.

My Computer

Hi,

You don't seem to have a lot of free space. If I read that correctly, you only have 6gb free on the partition you are on. The vLite temp folder will use a lot of that. Could you free up some more?

Are you using the Dell dvd as is, or did you try removing the $OEM$ folder from the Sources folder. Some people don't have any trouble leaving it in , others do.

Perform the slipstream , close vlite just before it makes the .iso, put the $OEM$ folder back in Sources, pick up the files again with VLite and make the .iso ( or any app. that will make a bootable .iso)

Hope it helps

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Vista
    CPU
    Intel E8400
    Motherboard
    ASRock1333-GLAN R2.0
    Memory
    4gb DDR2 800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 9500GT 1gb
  • Operating System
    win7/vista
    CPU
    intel i5-8400
    Motherboard
    gigabyte b365m ds3h
    Memory
    ballistix 2x8gb 3200
I've been trying to think of something that qualifies me to be the only person on this planet who can't use vLight :(

Now it seems to me that SIW2 might have found the issue :)

You don't seem to have a lot of free space. If I read that correctly, you only have 6gb free on the partition you are on.

Here is what I said on a previous post:

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400. Dual core. 1.83 GHz. 2GB RAM. 6 GB spare on C:. 10 GB spare on D:

??????????????
As I say many times on these forums, I'm not a techy. So my question is: I have a total of 16GB spare. Which is the drive that vLight uses to run a job? I can easily temporarily move stuff from one drive to the other :)
??????????????

Are you using the Dell dvd as is, or did you try removing the $OEM$ folder from the Sources folder.

I can certainly remove the $OEM$ folder (as Brink suggested at the start of his (her?) excellent tutorial :) )

Brink said:
Tip
If you have a Dell OEM computer, then see this link to help you possibly create a sliptream installation DVD from your Dell installation disc.

The folder size is 424 KB, but I thought that I had so much free space that 424 KB would make no difference :(

My Computer

Hi,

I suspect the space is the problem. I assume you are booted into C while doing it.

Vlite will put the temp file an C by default.

Move as much onto D as you can, 12-14gb free on C is a good idea.

You might also use disk cleanup and defrag C before you start.

As to the $OEM$ folder - it seems to cause the process to choke in rare cases. Not because of the size, but (I think) because the contents are "alien"

Give it a try ;)

A good way to get extra space is to reduce the amount used by Shadow Copy.

Open an elevated cmd prompt and type:

vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=C: /On=C: /Maxsize=3GB and press Enter

You will then only have the most recent 3gb worth of shadow copies - as more are added , older ones drop off.

Also, you can unzip this shortcut to the desktop, Rt click and Run as admin. It is a special command version of Disk Cleanup. After a few secs. it will offer you things to clean - you can safely tick all the boxes, except Setup Log Files.

View attachment Cleancmd.exe.zip

EDIT: One more thing you could try is to d/l vlite new version 1.2 and install it over the top of the 1.1.6 - it has a few bug fixes - might help. ( Just rt click and run as admin on the installer - it will automatically go over the top of 1.1.6)

Last edited:

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Vista
    CPU
    Intel E8400
    Motherboard
    ASRock1333-GLAN R2.0
    Memory
    4gb DDR2 800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 9500GT 1gb
  • Operating System
    win7/vista
    CPU
    intel i5-8400
    Motherboard
    gigabyte b365m ds3h
    Memory
    ballistix 2x8gb 3200
Hello Brink. :)

Have you had time to find out if this will work with the SP2 yet?

Later :shock: Ted

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    * BFK Customs *
    CPU
    Intel C2Q 9550 Yorkfield
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5Q Pro
    Memory
    8GB Dominator 8500C5D
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX ATI 1GB 4870 XXX
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD 7-1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1x 47" LCD HDMI & 2x 26" LCD HDMI
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080P & 1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    2x 500GB 7200RPM 32MB Cache WD Caviar Black
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX
    Case
    CM Cosmos RC-1000
    Cooling
    Tuniq Tower 120, 2x 140mm and 3x 120mm case fans
    Keyboard
    HP Enhansed Multimedia
    Mouse
    Razer Diamondback 3G
    Internet Speed
    18.6Mb/s
    Other Info
    My First Build ;)
Hi Ted,

It would not work with a prerelease version of SP2, but I haven't tried with the final SP2 version yet. That's one of my goals for late tonight. ;)

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
Hello Shawn.

I'm about to give it a whirl now, I'll PM you later.

Later ;) Ted

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    * BFK Customs *
    CPU
    Intel C2Q 9550 Yorkfield
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5Q Pro
    Memory
    8GB Dominator 8500C5D
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX ATI 1GB 4870 XXX
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD 7-1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080P & 1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX
    Case
    CM Cosmos RC-1000
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    HP Enhansed Multimedia
    Mouse
    Razer Diamondback 3G
    Internet Speed
    18.6Mb/s
    Other Info
    My First Build ;)
8. Check both the Service Pack Slipstream and Bootable ISO boxes and click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)

Hello Shawn. :confused:

I didn't get the slipstream option as in step #8, see my snip below.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help; besides I wanted this to work so I could re-install my Vista with it.

No Slipstream.JPG

Later :( Ted

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    * BFK Customs *
    CPU
    Intel C2Q 9550 Yorkfield
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5Q Pro
    Memory
    8GB Dominator 8500C5D
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX ATI 1GB 4870 XXX
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD 7-1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080P & 1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX
    Case
    CM Cosmos RC-1000
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    HP Enhansed Multimedia
    Mouse
    Razer Diamondback 3G
    Internet Speed
    18.6Mb/s
    Other Info
    My First Build ;)
Hi ,

Sorry, I could have said if I had seen the post earlier.

If vlite picks up the o/s files that already have SP1 - then it doesn't offer you the slipstream option.:(

I have tried one or two other things without success so far.

Might have to get hold of the integrated SP2 dvd/iso.:(

You can use vlite to remove Components you don't need from from the sp2 Vista - it's just the slipstream option you don't get.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Vista
    CPU
    Intel E8400
    Motherboard
    ASRock1333-GLAN R2.0
    Memory
    4gb DDR2 800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 9500GT 1gb
  • Operating System
    win7/vista
    CPU
    intel i5-8400
    Motherboard
    gigabyte b365m ds3h
    Memory
    ballistix 2x8gb 3200
Hello SIW2.

Yes, I noticed vLite saw the SP1 already installed, I figured that was why.

Thanks for the info; though a SP2 slipstream was all I was interested in. What will be the options for a "repair" type install in future, once SP2 is installed; do you believe vLite will be updated or maybe NeoSmart will do another recovery disk.

I know it's all conjecture at this point, thanks!

Later :) Ted

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    * BFK Customs *
    CPU
    Intel C2Q 9550 Yorkfield
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5Q Pro
    Memory
    8GB Dominator 8500C5D
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX ATI 1GB 4870 XXX
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD 7-1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080P & 1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX
    Case
    CM Cosmos RC-1000
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    HP Enhansed Multimedia
    Mouse
    Razer Diamondback 3G
    Internet Speed
    18.6Mb/s
    Other Info
    My First Build ;)
That's what I was thinking was going to happen until vLite gets updated. :(

Thank you for giving it a whirl Ted.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel i7-8700K 5 GHz
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440
    Hard Drives
    1TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2,
    PSU
    Case
    Thermaltake Core P3
    Cooling
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Keyboard
    Logitech wireless K800
    Mouse
    Logitech MX Master 3
    Internet Speed
    Other Info
    Galaxy S23 Plus phone
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy Y0F94AV
    CPU
    i7-7500U @ 2.70 GHz
    Memory
    16 GB DDR4-2133
    Graphics card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    Sound Card
    Conexant ISST Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3" UHD IPS touch
    Screen Resolution
    3480 x 2160
    Hard Drives
    512 GB M.2 SSD
You're more than welcome Shawn. :)

Later ;) Ted

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    * BFK Customs *
    CPU
    Intel C2Q 9550 Yorkfield
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5Q Pro
    Memory
    8GB Dominator 8500C5D
    Graphics Card(s)
    XFX ATI 1GB 4870 XXX
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD 7-1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080P & 1920x1200
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX
    Case
    CM Cosmos RC-1000
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    HP Enhansed Multimedia
    Mouse
    Razer Diamondback 3G
    Internet Speed
    18.6Mb/s
    Other Info
    My First Build ;)
Trouble is, the vlite developer has got a full time job and a life to live.

He doesn't seem too interested at the moment.

He did say never say never, or words to that effect - so he hasn't completely ruled it out, but don't hold your breath .

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Vista
    CPU
    Intel E8400
    Motherboard
    ASRock1333-GLAN R2.0
    Memory
    4gb DDR2 800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 9500GT 1gb