Votes: 60 12.3%
  • Browser...we don't need no stinking browser

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

MilesAhead

Eclectician
Vista Guru
Gold Member
I have just been trying Comodo Dragon, which appears to be a re skinned Google chrome with a lot of added Security.

The only downfalls i can find between Dragon & Chrome is you have to update manually & it is not recognized by Ccleaner where as Chrome is.

View attachment 19428

This review explains the added features;

Comodo Dragon: A Chrome-Based Web Browser

You can manually add the folders/files for CCleaner to clean out, but the fly in the ointment with these Chrome spin-offs is many external utilities can't find anything. Most of the Chrome extensions seem to work, but 3rd party external executable utilitities that make assumptions about where stuff is, don't find 'em so the "Chrome Button" is not available for bookmark or password import/export etc..

Isn't it weird that these browsers can all find stuff from the other browsers when it comes to importing, but then half the time they don't let you export the stuff you want?

mitchell

Ngai Tahu/Tau Iwi
Vista Guru
I have just been trying Comodo Dragon, which appears to be a re skinned Google chrome with a lot of added Security.

The only downfalls i can find between Dragon & Chrome is you have to update manually & it is not recognized by Ccleaner where as Chrome is.

View attachment 19428

This review explains the added features;

Comodo Dragon: A Chrome-Based Web Browser

You can manually add the folders/files for CCleaner to clean out, but the fly in the ointment with these Chrome spin-offs is many external utilities can't find anything. Most of the Chrome extensions seem to work, but 3rd party external executable utilitities that make assumptions about where stuff is, don't find 'em so the "Chrome Button" is not available for bookmark or password import/export etc..

Isn't it weird that these browsers can all find stuff from the other browsers when it comes to importing, but then half the time they don't let you export the stuff you want?

Yea i hear what your saying the Chrome Skins work alright & although in this latest versions release notes they say they have addressed a lot of the extension issues i tried WOT & it did install but it didn't work.

On the upside their SSL certificate checker works which is a good thing if your an online shopper

CD.JPG

LordJohnx3

The Green Guy
Firefox 3.6.3, I love it because it's safe, easy to use, reliable, fast, has nice addon's, like adblock plus-love that one, and customizable.:p

mitchell

Ngai Tahu/Tau Iwi
Vista Guru
:huh: Hmmm, just trying out an aero theme with Firefox

Firefox aero.JPG

might be a bit much for an old fellas eyesight :shock:

MWRed

I'd rather be fishin
Vista Pro
Still using Opera(10.60). Does all I need.
Have FF also, only use it when I need to.
I don't use IE except in extreme cases.

I have tried some different ones, including Iron. Is Chromium better than that?

I won't do any Google BS, so Chrome is out of the question.

Bodman456

Voider of Warranties
I use Safari 5 on my Vista lappy and Chrome on my Linux lappy. I like these two browsers cause they use WebKit, meaning they are extremely fast. Also Safari 5 can complete the Acid3 test with 100/100, even on iPhone and iPod touch. I've been meaning to test Chrome too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrucialHoax

Action is Knowledge
Vista Guru
Mostly Chromium but now that I have been testing Firefox Minefield 4.0b8 I am really liking what Mozilla and their team has done :)

Thanks for your reply. I think Firefox is great and I have had no problems so far. Nothing but problems with IE8. Think I have found a home with Mozilla. :D

Lorien

Account Suspended
I resisted a whole week before I took the leap to IE9 Beta - and it was an excellent decision. The recent update has improved it even more. Tests show that it is now the fastest browser out there (and no IE ever came close to that before). It's easy to use, has all the tools you need (if customized properly), and I've had only a few minor problems with it at the very beginning which the update seems to have addressed and resolved. I've always used IE (though I have Firefox and Chrome installed for backup and testing purposes and to answer related questions). Given how well the beta is going, I can hardly wait for the actual release to see what else they do to improve it even more.