• Maxthon

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 60 12.3%
  • Browser...we don't need no stinking browser

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

TDHeller

I've been using Opera for the last three releases and I don't know how I got by with IE any thing, or Firefox nothing.

IE became way too commercial and Firefox reminds me of a job that I just hated:mad: - If it wasn't free it wasn't worthy,:shock: even used Open Office for corporate mail:confused:. It gives me the willies just thinking of it.

Chrome looks cool if your a tween but - Google already has a job - just stick to it and do it well without improving the "+" out of it.

So here's to Opera the only browser I can still love.

MWRed

I'd rather be fishin
Vista Pro
I have used Opera for years, but i'm finally finding myself slowly using it less and less.
They're starting to migrate toward a FF type browser, a.k.a...too much junk built in.
It slowed down a lot each upgrade since 10.10. I've tried all I could just to keep it quick, but it just isn't what it used to be.
I still use it, although i've worked Chrome into the mix a bit. It's fast, although not very pretty, and there's not a lot you can do to make it look better. The speed is why i use it, depending on what i'm doing.

I've been using Firefox for years, but if I want to send an email where I get a receipt, it seems I have to use Chrome instead. Don't like Windows Mail (the default on Vista x64) and wish I could delete it ...

ilikefree

Vista Guru
Gold Member
You might want to change the question answers as Firefox 2 and 3 were discarded some time ago current final release version is 11

Jody Thornton

Power User
I am using Pale Moon (right at this very moment I am testing the v26 Beta). I am also testing out K-Meleon 74 (release candidate)

raidersam67

started with IE,then went to regular chrome,now using comodo chromium secure browser for google chrome. waay faster browser with more security features than regular chrome...been using it for a month now and i absolutely love it!...:geek:

Cammygirl192

Cammy White FTW
I have IE7 and SeaMonkey 2.38 installed.

I don't have SP2 (and won't, since it contains that poxy Windows Search thing), so I'm keeping IE7. It's actually fast on Vista, unlike in XP.

SeaMonkey is just a firefox shell like palemoon so what do you expect.

Never use chrome or any chromium browser (opera, iron, etc) since google look into everything and it eats your RAM up more than anything.

Jody Thornton

Power User

I don't have SP2 (and won't, since it contains that poxy Windows Search thing), so I'm keeping IE7. It's actually fast on Vista, unlike in XP.

Never use chrome or any chromium browser (opera, iron, etc) since google look into everything and it eats your RAM up more than anything.

I wouldn't call SeaMonkey or Pale Moon just shells of Firefox. They all use the Gecko rendering engine and XUL for the UI, but Firefox is actually changing (moving away from XUL), so Pale Moon and SeaMonkey are becoming more their own products. This is ESPECIALLY true in the case of Pale Moon which is working on it's own rendering engine called Goanna, and uses its own identifier now.

ilikefree

Vista Guru
Gold Member

You should have SP2, if you want switch off the Windows Search in services, I do as I find in is not needed, search still works just a little slower, you barely notice.
You are right about Chrome having a "phone home' program in it just like Google Earth and almost all Google's programs

Josbeph83

Banned

I agree it did eat up your ram but now, (don't know about opera or iron as only used old opera and never iron) Google Chrome doesn't eat up your ram any more