Blekko in stead if IE?

Did a restore from windows but the files are not there. Wondering if they got copied to the external drive and if so, where would I find them?

My Computer

Restore must be on the same drive as the original. Tell me step by step what you did and how you looked for the files. When you choose to do a system restore, you will see a list of the points that you have. What did you see?
Possible problems are not enough space to make the points or system restore is not turned on.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
The system restore point was from yesterday evening, the email files didn't come back. I just used the restore utility in Windows, I havent attempted to do a full restore with the external drive. I'm not sure how to search the drive or exactly what files to look for.

My Computer

Restore only changes the system. It does not touch personal stuff such as emaii, pics etc. AS I Mentioned before, you may want to use Karens Replicator to back up your personal stuff.
You cannot get back just your stuff with the Macrium Backup. Macrium is for emergency use. It is when you OS gets corrupt and you lose your Vista. It restores Vista. You must back up your personal stuff separately.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Its free and I use it and would not think of being without it.
Karen's Replicator
Set up Karens to back up to your external hard drive.
It can be on an automatic back up schedule or you can create a desktop icon to back up whenevery you want.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Silly question...Why would I back up the back up on my external drive Rich. not being rude, just stupid. Dont I already have the drive backed up? I just want to be able to save/backup my email and personal stuff in case I get a crash. I am totally devastated that all my stuff has gone, I have emails going back 10 years, one stroke of the mouse and it was gone, total accident.

My Computer

Most likely I can get your stuff back, but lets stay in the present right now.
We are talking about two different things. You have backed up your OS (Vista). In case you get a bad virus or your hard drive fails or someone does something that they should not and you cant boot the OS, you use the Macrium Image.
But not all problems are that big, you may just want your emails back or a pic or a letter from someone special, then you use the back up on Karens. We dont use a fire hose to put out a match. You understand what I mean? The back up on your hard drive, now is for emergencies when you cant boot or the OS has a major virus or problem.
We back up your stuff, now in case you lose your email or pic etc.
If you want your email back, use shadow explorer, its free.
http://www.shadowexplorer.com/

EDIT:Would you really replace your entire OS with an image if all you want back is an email. The bigger the change you make, the higher the probability of problems.

2nd Edit:Your back up now is for your OS. If you could not boot, what would you do if you did not have a back up of Vista. What would you do if your hard drive fails. We are talking about 2 different types of back ups.
Vista for emergencies and your stuff to get back your email etc. You may or may not know, some members had to go out and by a Vista/Seven DVD because they lost Vista and had no back up on Macrium

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Your email is still on the hard drive, but its hidden. Use the computer as little as possible until we find it. The more you use the computer the more difficult to find.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I really appreciate your help rich but its getting a bit too complicated for me so I will just put my tail bwtween my legs and accept its gone, too many downlaods for me to get my head around. but again, thanks.

My Computer

Back