User and Admin account big troubles !

Here you are Lorien the requested file Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2.7z

http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/68624414221.7z/ (1.3 Mb)

Now, Lorien, you have all files: CBS.log, backup hives registry and Windows BSOD files

Maybe Niemiro, can have a look also. ;)

PS: Perform /report is not a html
file (default file extension is a msc file)

Attachments

• perfmon.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 T5300 1.73 Ghz
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile
    Sound Card
    Realteck
The process transfers everything from the old account to the new account - so programs installed by the old account will work just fine under the new one. I'm not certain what you mean by securize - the new account should be setup as an administrator account so it should have all the proper permissions and rights (plus any that were specific to that original account). As an admin account, it will be able to access and modify gpedit.msc. Services should be no different. It will have the same startup programs and processes and services as the original account - we can change some of those things if you didn't like how they were working before and found some to be unnecessary (that's no problem at all and I even suggest it's a great idea). When you complete this part, I'll be happy to show you how to best do the rest (and even help if you'll send me some screenshots or files when the time comes).

If I decide not to transfer my old admin account (all programs were installed with this admin) to a new one (this is an example) and I choose to keep the new admin account 'Secours' I have for now, won't have any troubles from running these programs ? As you know, some programs need to run only with an admin account. Thanks for your help to complete this part with files and screenshots ! :)

If you can provide an updated version, I'll be happy to get it. But I don't want to get out of Sync with Richard where we have two different versions so I'd rather use whatever he is using. If his is out of date, please send both of us a new one (or the link) that is identical so we don't get confused by differences that aren't real.

Unfortunately, I've not yet examined the CBS.LOG file. It takes time to do it and do it properly and not miss something and identify all of the real problems and exclude those that don't matter or were repaired - I haven't had enough time to do it right yet - but I will.

You have all the same files for now than Niemiro: CBS.log,
backup hives registry and Windows BSOD files.

If we all work together, I believe we can eventually solve these problems one way or another - though I'm not sure yet which way will work best and I can't completely guarantee we'll be able to deal with all of them at this point yet, but we will try as hard as we can. I am a bit discouraged by Richard's recent post - but it's not yet time to give up (despite how bad that news is).

Yes, it's not time to give up, thanks Lorien ! I strongly believe that we can handle with these troubles, and we'll learn a lot.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
The process transfers everything from the old account to the new account - so programs installed by the old account will work just fine under the new one. I'm not certain what you mean by securize - the new account should be setup as an administrator account so it should have all the proper permissions and rights (plus any that were specific to that original account). As an admin account, it will be able to access and modify gpedit.msc. Services should be no different. It will have the same startup programs and processes and services as the original account - we can change some of those things if you didn't like how they were working before and found some to be unnecessary (that's no problem at all and I even suggest it's a great idea). When you complete this part, I'll be happy to show you how to best do the rest (and even help if you'll send me some screenshots or files when the time comes).

If I decide not to transfer my old admin account (all programs were installed with this admin) to a new one (this is an example) and I choose to keep the new admin account 'Secours' I have for now, won't have any troubles from running these programs ? As you know, some programs need to run only with an admin account. Thanks for your help to complete this part with files and screenshots ! :)

That's a complex question. First, it depends on how the programs were installed. If they were made available for all users, then Secours should have access and sny required separate data and setup files in its user profile. If they were setup for just that old administrator account (and you may not have had a choice), then removing the old administrator account without transferring files may affect how the program operates for other users besides just that one account (even administrators) - this doesn't happen often (it's quite rare), but I've seen it happen in some cases. Plus some information (data and settings) is stored in the user profile, so while you may be able to access the program from Secours (after some effort to locate the executable file and create shortcuts), it may be quite different than before without the data or the configuration settings and possibly other files. Some we can copy over - others we may not be able to identify enough to do so as the names and locations may be far from obvious (and we may also need to change permissions as well). I'm assuming Secours is an Administrator Account, so that won't be an issue (if it is a standard account, then you may have some difficulties unless you also have an Administrator Account you can switch to for performing certain tasks and using certain programs).

Of course, if you don't delete the old administrator account and simply don't use it (and I suggest you don't delete it unless you decide to transfer it first as well - we can remove it from the welcome screen if you want so you don't use it by accident from force of habit - let me know and I'll provide the procedure) , then the only issues will be that you may not have the same settings as before (since many are user-specific) and any related data (e.g., the custom dictionary in Windows Live Mail) will be in the wrong location and you will either need to copy it over or start over from scratch.

The same applies to things like your internet favorites and history, your emails and contacts, your actual documents and photos, and anything else that was stored as data in the old administrator account. If you've already started fresh with Secours, then it's up to you what if anything you want to transfer or copy - either to a new Administrator account or to Secours.

Also, some programs include items in startup when installed and these may only exist in the old administrator account for some programs that weren't installed for all users. So some things you expect to start or expect to work without problems may require some configuration in Secours to function correctly and as desired - but probably not many and I believe most if not all can be corrected if/once noticed.

If you can provide an updated version, I'll be happy to get it. But I don't want to get out of Sync with Richard where we have two different versions so I'd rather use whatever he is using. If his is out of date, please send both of us a new one (or the link) that is identical so we don't get confused by differences that aren't real.

Unfortunately, I've not yet examined the CBS.LOG file. It takes time to do it and do it properly and not miss something and identify all of the real problems and exclude those that don't matter or were repaired - I haven't had enough time to do it right yet - but I will.

You have all the same files for now than Niemiro: CBS.log,
backup hives registry and Windows BSOD files.

Thank you. I've noticed and will get to them ASAP. I'm sure Richard has noticed them as well and will be reviewing them at his first opportunity.

I have looked at the CBS.LOG and I must say it is very, very discouraging (quite a bit of corruption that may be rather difficult to repair without somewhat drastic measures) - but perhaps the other information will provide better news.

If we all work together, I believe we can eventually solve these problems one way or another - though I'm not sure yet which way will work best and I can't completely guarantee we'll be able to deal with all of them at this point yet, but we will try as hard as we can. I am a bit discouraged by Richard's recent post - but it's not yet time to give up (despite how bad that news is).

Yes, it's not time to give up, thanks Lorien ! I strongly believe that we can handle with these troubles, and we'll learn a lot.

You're quite welcome. I've already learned a lot - and fully expect that to continue as you have one of the most complex set of problems I've seen in quite a long time (and I'm almost tempted to say ever but I suspect there were others just as complicated that I've forgotten over the 20 years I've been doing this kind of thing).

P.S. Mon Gosh ! Tous ces noms français sont ramener des souvenirs des classes, que j'ai pris au moyen de l'école élémentaire, l'école secondaire et jusqu'à l'intermédiaire au Collège beaucoup, il y a de nombreuses années. Bien que je comprenne mieux que je parle, j'ai encore se souviennent certaines. Vous êtes bien mieux anglais que j'ai jamais a été ou sera jamais au français - mais il est bon de se rappeler un peu. J'ai ajouté cette juste pour voir si je le pouvais, et si vous pourrait même comprendre ce que je disais.

LOL! I probably messed that up something fierce - but it was fun giving it a try.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc. MP061 Inspiron E1705
    CPU
    2.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo 64 kilobyte primary memory
    Motherboard
    Board: Dell Inc. 0YD479 Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
    Memory
    2046 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Di
    Sound Card
    SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (17.2"vis)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Chassis Serial Number: 5YK95C1
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1958 Kbps download ; 754.8 Kbps upload
    Other Info
    Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

Dell AIO Printer A940

Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem

6TO4 Adapter
    Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Router Linksys / WRT54G -01
How do I know if the program were installed for all users account ?
How can I check it ?

I can tell you that I installed programs under my old admin account clicking on Run for a few of those, and for the others, run as Admin. For this Fleur de Vie admin account, I don' t have datas. The only what I wanted to keep is the security settings that's all. If I understand, you recommend to create a new admin account and then transfer all datas and settings to this new account, and not remove Fleur de Vie old account, to keep it anyway.

To resume, if I only remove this old account, I take the risky of a few of programs to not run anymore in others users profile.

Woowww .... Nice your french, I understand all you told ! ;) Of course, a few gramaticals errors but I understand. Great Lorien !! :party:

J'ai compris tout ce que tu as dis même si tu fais quelques fautes de grammaire ou d'orthographe, ce qui est normal dans ton cas. Cela fait longtemps que tu as appris le français. Nice test indeed !

We will wait for Niemiro advises to follow the next step.... ;)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
Hello!

Next step would be to start dealing with the corruption. This will also show us what is going on with ver.dll

OTLI.gif
OTL - Download or alternative link here and here to the Desktop. Make sure it is called OTL.exe, and nothing else.

Download OTL to your Desktop and run it.

• Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:
/md5start
ver.dll
user32.dll.mui
tcpip.sys
mpssvc.dat

/md5stop

• Click the None button, followed by the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open one notepad window. OTL.Txt These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of this file, and post them here.
Thanks!

Richard

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.50GHz
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 3870 (512 MBytes)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 x Dell 2007FP and 1 x (old) Sonic flat screen
    Screen Resolution
    1600 x 1200 and 1280 x 1204
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)
    Western Digital: WDC WD6400AAKS-75A7B0

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    Western Digital: Caviar Black, SATA 6GB/S, 64Mb cache, 8ms
    Western Digital: WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Advent Optical ADE-WG01 (colour change light up)
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
    ASUS USB 3.0 5Gbps/SATA 6Gbps - PCI-Express Combo Controller Card (U3S6)
I had already this program, I used in the past 2-3 times I think.

Curiously, Yesterday, I downloaded this program again with OTA and OTS. ;)

Are you sure is not the OTS, look at the screenshots :

Attachments

• OTS.jpg
    OTS.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 15

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
Mon français est assez mal, mais je l’apprends. La français assez bon, mais difficile!

A lot worse than Lorien! Where did you get those programs? Were you being disinfected, or are you taking an online degree in malware removal? Custom scan?

Thanks!

Richard

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
This is OTL:

Attachments

• OTL.jpg
    OTL.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 14

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
Those are correct. OTL is the second one, OTS the first. Please use OTL. Thanks!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
Mon français est assez mal, mais je l’apprends. La français assez bon, mais difficile!

A lot worse than Lorien! Where did you get those programs? Were you being disinfected, or are you taking an online degree in malware removal? Custom scan?

Thanks!

Richard

Great your french, no written faults ! :D

I have others malware removal tools. I'm passionate by these tools. Yes, I get infectied several times in the past. I've being helped by bleepingcomputer forum and malwareremoval forum.

I'm looking for the right url I get OTL, OTA and OTS, wait a minute...

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
OTL working... Check the settings :

Attachments

• OTL working.jpg
    OTL working.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 17

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck

Thanks!

Richard

Great your french, no written faults ! :D

I have others malware removal tools. I'm passionate by these tools. Yes, I get infectied several times in the past. I've being helped by bleepingcomputer forum and malwareremoval forum.

I'm looking for the right url I get OTL, OTA and OTS, wait a minute...

They are good tools! Maybe no written faults, just nothing good said! Thanks!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
Niemiro,

On the main screen, I have File Analyze on the right size, there is menu to choose how old the file is, by default is set up to 30 days old. Do I need to change it ? ;)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
How do I know if the program were installed for all users account ?
How can I check it ?

You can't really in an easy way. The simplest way is to compare the programs in the Fleur de Vie account with those in the account called "Default User." Any in Fleur de Vie but not in Default User were probably installed only for the Fleur de Vie account. But if we don't delete Fleur de Vie OR if we transfer Fleur de Vie, it doesn't matter as everything will be fine. The only concern I have is if we delete Fleur de Vie without transferring it (and there's no good reason to do that, so this is really a moot issue and we don't need to spend another second on it).

I can tell you that I installed programs under my old admin account clicking on Run for a few of those, and for the others, run as Admin. For this Fleur de Vie admin account, I don' t have datas. The only what I wanted to keep is the security settings that's all. If I understand, you recommend to create a new admin account and then transfer all datas and settings to this new account, and not remove Fleur de Vie old account, to keep it anyway.

To resume, if I only remove this old account, I take the risky of a few of programs to not run anymore in others users profile.

Actually, under the circumstances, as noted above, I'm suggesting you leave Fleur de Vie alone and just not use it anymore and don't bother transferring anything anywhere because you won't be using the account. Even if not planning to use it, I'd not delete it just to be on the safe side. On the other hand, if you want to use the account and only if you want to use the account - then I would do the transfer to a new account to eliminate the problems you are having with it and prevent any program problems and then, once transferred, you could then delete the old account. What security settings are you talking about in particular - I'm not quite sure what you mean specifically or why you think they are important to save or why you don't think we can easily change the settings on Secours so they match? Plus if we don't delete the account or if we transfer the account, the settings (whatever you mean) will still be there so there should be no problem.

Woowww .... Nice your french, I understand all you told ! ;) Of course, a few gramaticals errors but I understand. Great Lorien !! :party:

J'ai compris tout ce que tu as dis même si tu fais quelques fautes de grammaire ou d'orthographe, ce qui est normal dans ton cas. Cela fait longtemps que tu as appris le français. Nice test indeed !

EGAD! I actually understood you as well. Thanks - it has truly been a very long time.

We will wait for Niemiro advises to follow the next step.... ;)

Looks to me like he already posted it and you're well on your way.

Good luck!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc. MP061 Inspiron E1705
    CPU
    2.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo 64 kilobyte primary memory
    Motherboard
    Board: Dell Inc. 0YD479 Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
    Memory
    2046 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Di
    Sound Card
    SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (17.2"vis)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Chassis Serial Number: 5YK95C1
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1958 Kbps download ; 754.8 Kbps upload
    Other Info
    Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

Dell AIO Printer A940

Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem

6TO4 Adapter
    Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Router Linksys / WRT54G -01
Niemiro,

On the main screen, I have File Analyze on the right size, there is menu to choose how old the file is, by default is set up to 30 days old. Do I need to change it ? ;)

No you do not. The settings it applies to have been crossed off by NONE. You have done it perfectly. Please post it! Thanks!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
lol.

Sadly, I was not as good as Lorien, and didn't understand. Google Translate got the gist of it though! Lots of learning to do!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
Still waiting for the report...

I got it from geekstogo.com ;)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
It takes so long time ! :confused:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck
It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes unless you have a massive hard disk.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 420
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Stock Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 gb (DDR2 800) 400MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    1 x 640Gb (SATA 300)

1 x 1Tb (SATA 600)
    PSU
    Stock PSU - 375W
    Case
    Dell XPS 420
    Cooling
    Stock Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell Bluetooth
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    120 kb/s
    Other Info
A massive hard disk ? :D

Only 80 GB !:confused:

Should I run in Safe Mode ? Do I make a new scan ?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Amilo Pro v3505
    CPU
    Memory
    1 Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Realteck